Chicken thighs causing bloating?

jredl

YEsterday was day 18. I am feeling great with a word - Clean. I baked chicken thighs with just salt, pepper, and garlic powder. They crisped up real nice. After two hours of eating 2 (too many?) thighs, I could feel my stomach bloating and a tightness (?) at the belly. The bloating was still there this morning and is slowly receeding. Can a certain food, that is on plan, cause bloating? I find it really interesting that this happened in that if I was eating regularly I wouldn't know what caused the bloating However, the thighs were the only "new" food since I started the program.

• Moderators

It's possible that for you personally, chicken thighs can cause bloating... that's kind of the cool thing about this program is that you find out exactly how YOU react to food.  My suggestion would be to wait until you're feeling as great as you were without the chicken thighs and then try them again and see if it happens...

As an aside, 2 chicken thighs is not too many :)

Thank you for your thoughts. My daughter thought that maybe it was the skin that upset my stomach. Yes, I want to give it two days off (like reintroduction) and try without the skin and see how it goes. 

I agree, it is wonderful to be able to be so in tune to your body to notice this AND be able to know what the culprit was.

Archived