Second Week of Whole 30 Feeling sick and always hungry

Hey y'all so I'm in my second week of Whole 30 (day 11 to be exact)  and for some reason the past 2 days i have been feeling sick (nauseous), irritable, and constantly hungry. I haven't been having this problem at all and my meals haven't really changed substantially. I am assuming this is all part of the whole body detox part of the Whole 30 but 'm only concerned because it's starting to affect me at work. Is this normal? Am I going crazy? Is the change in my eating habits (which were atrocious before i started) the reason I keep biting my boyfriend's head off? My meals have been pretty consistent (all Whole 30 compliant ingredients of course): Some combination of bacon, eggs, or banana pancakes for breakfast, leftovers from the previous nights dinner or a salad for lunch. And some sort of Whole 30 instant pot recipe I find on pinterest for dinner. And of Course plenty of water. Is it normal to feel like this? How long does it usually last?

"Side effects" timeline (not exact, not everybody goes through every stage): https://whole30.com/revised-timeline/

We need more specifics about what and how much you're eating.  Like, how many eggs?  How big is the piece of protein?  But:

First guess is you're not eating enough.  Have you seen the template: https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Your breakfast doesn't have any veggies, if you're salad is mostly greens it needs to be huge.

Also, I hate to break it to you, but the banana pancakes are out for the program.  Be wary of any non-whole 30 sites with recipes.  A lot of people use the whole 30 to get clicks.  From https://whole30.com/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/:

Pancakes: No

Sometimes, we feel like if we have to have one more conversation about pancakes, we might explode. No, you can’t have pancakes. Yes, even if they’re just bananas and eggs. First, they are explicitly ruled out in the Whole30 program guidelines. This should be enough of a reason, but in case you’re still wondering why (they’re just bananas and eggs!)…

Pancakes in any form do not encourage success with the Whole30 program. Reaching your health goals depends on committing to both the rules and the spirit and intention of the program. The Whole30 is designed to change your relationship with food, first and foremost. And the psychological impact of eating pancakes as part of your healthy eating, life-changing plan cannot be ignored.

Eating eggs, a banana, and some olive oil is not the same as combining those ingredients into a pancake. There are studies that show that how your brain perceives the food influences satiation. This is often cited with liquid food (smoothies or shakes, as we reference in the back of It Starts With Food), but experientially we see this with whole foods as well, depending on how they are combined. Pancakes bring up a totally different psychological response than frying some eggs and eating a banana. And it’s that psychological response that we are trying to target with the program.

You may not have an affinity for pancakes, but we find that most people who complete our program do best without any of these comfort/trigger/reminiscent-of-the-SAD-stuff-you-used-to-eat foods. So, because we need to create one program that applies to as many people as possible, we rule these Paleo recreations out. In our vast experience, this sets everyone up for the best Whole30success possible. And, of course, what you choose to do after your 30 days are up is entirely up to you.

Archived