Help me make this recipe Whole30

Greens

Hello.

I need help to alter this recipe.

25g butter (here I'm gonna use coconutoil)

1 turkeybreast

4 dL chickenstock

1/4 L cream (use coconutmilk in stead)

1 tsp. Honey (I will omit this during my whole30)

2 tbsp. indonesian soysauce (I have no idea if there is a paleo substitute for this?)

2 tsp. grated ginger

1½ tbsp. flour (Again is there something that can be used in stead?)

First brown the turkeybreast 3 min each side.

Add stock, cream/coconutmilk, soysauce and ginger

let it boil for 15 minutes, then turn the meat around, at boil for another 15 minutes.

Take out the meat and let it rest for 10 minutes.

Add flour to the sauce and let it boil for appr. 1 min.

Served with rice (I will use cauliflower) and salad made out of iceberg, mangoes and the juice from an orange.

• Moderators

You can use coconut aminos in place of soysauce. If you can't get coconut aminos, you might try a bit of apple cider vinegar and fish sauce as a rough substitute.

I use coconut flour to thicken sauce or brown meat and like it a lot. I've also used tapioca starch.

I know you didn't plan on substituing the honey, but you could use a date (boiled then mashed). For the butter you could also use clarified butter, or any animal fat (I like to save organic bacon drippings for that purpose). Like Tom said, coconut flour works great to thicken. I also use almond flour or arrowroot powder. Ditto on the Coconut Aminos, they're an amazing soy sauce replacement! And even though you didn't write it in bold, make sure your chicken stock is compliant (or better, homemade!).

Let us know how it turns out!

Archived