Starting Sun, Nov 17 (crazy with Thanksgiving coming?) Anyone else.?

Mary St

I'm going to do it! Starting on Sunday, Nov 17. Perhaps a little nuts with Thanksgiving coming, but if I wait until after the holiday, I feel like I'd give myself an excuse to gorge. And I have been waiting long enough. About four years ago I started paying much more attention to what I ate. Not how much, but the quality of food. Cut way back on processed food and focused on real, whole, healthy food. This past year we bought a house, which needed a bunch of updating.  We got very lazy with our eating and am enjoying my "relax at the end if a long day wine" ... alot. I see and feel the results in my weight, joints, focus...  everything. I see it in my husband as well. Time to change that. So sunday is the day. Anyone else going to embark on this journey then? I'd love a Whole30 buddy.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Hi, @Mary St! Welcome!

Is this your first round of Whole30? 

You sound super excited, which is awesome! As I am sure you can imagine, staying compliant during the holiday season can be a bit of a challenge (especially if there are family gatherings involved--which can result in pressure!), so I say to you: Prep, prep, prep! And be sure you have a support system, i.e., accountability partner, husband, etc.

Shout out if you have any questions or whatever comes up! Will you be keeping a log of your journey?

take care,

~mae

Hi Mae, thanks for the message. Yes, first time through. My brother recently completed his first Whole30 - loved it. I'll be touching base with him and he'll be around through the holidays, too. That should help.

You mentioned "keeping a log of your journey" - is that something I can do on the forum? 

Thanks!

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Hi, @Mary St!

Yes! On the forum, there is a section called "Your Whole30 Log" under the COMMUNITY tab on which you can do exactly that:)

Scroll on through what's been logged there to get an idea. 

Yay, yes! It's so nice to have people--like your brother--who can relate. Check in with us anytime as well!

take care,

~mae

Archived