Chocolate Craving Post Whole30

haKuna

I've completed my first Whole30 on Monday. Today is my Day 3 of re-introduction. I am literally craving some chocolate! Like, a delicious, good chocolate (See's Chocolate, Trader Joe's Dark chocolate covered caramels). I'm a female and have already had the time of the month last week. So, I'm just curious if this is just me. Literally drinking Decaf Coffee to get me by.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

What did you reintroduce first?  Have you reintroduced sugar yet?  If the craving came *after* you reintroduced sugar in a different form that might tell you something about where your chocolate cravings are coming from (sugar often begets sugar...).  

Also, check out this post :)  Like Shannon says, if you want to reintroduce chocolate on a specific day I'd skip the TJ caramels - they likely have a bunch of other ingredients (I'm assuming, I could be wrong).  If you are a TJ fan they sell these dark chocolate batons that have just 3 ingredients and come in a fairly normal sized portion (vs a full 100g bar).  That is actually my go-to for when I want some chocolate!  I don't know about See's but lots of chocolates have soy as an emulsifier so keep an eye out for that.  And go for the darkest you can enjoy!  TJ also sells a 100% bar - Montezuma's something or other but you *really* need to like dark chocolate to enjoy that :lol:

https://forum.whole30.com/topic/43287-chocolate-when-to-reintroduce/

Archived