CannaBoy

RealPlans

Hi. I just purchased 4 cookbooks and am looking forward to using them. I then went to Realplans and my understanding is that all of these recipes are not included int the application. So if there are many recipes I like from the cookbooks and they are not in the program then I am going to be manually loading in a bunch of stuff. I like the idea of automation but if I still need to do a bunch of manual entry then I may either return the books and use what is in the program, or not subscribe to the program.

Anyone else run into this issue? Is there a feasible resolution?

Thanks,

Michael 

Either of the options you mentioned would work, it just depends on what you really need.

Do you enjoy looking at cookbooks and planning your meals for the week, making grocery lists for yourself? Or do you want a program that tells you what to eat and makes the grocery list for you? 

You don't actually have to buy cookbooks or use Realplans, you could do a whole30 using recipes you find online, doing your own meal planning, either old school with a pen and paper or a free meal planning site/app that you'd probably have to input recipes into.  If you want to try to come up with your own meal plans, here is one description of a way to do meal planning:  http://meljoulwan.com/2010/01/14/paleo-kitchen-the-method-behind-my-madness/. Here's another option:  https://www.ourpaleolife.com/whole30-meal-plan-grocery-list/.  

So, all that probably didn't give you a clear answer, but this is really something you'll have to figure out for yourself, because what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for everyone. 

Hi @ShannonM816,

Thank you for your response and these cool resources...I will check them out.

You are correct about not having to purchase books and RP...I like cookbooks and will most likely keep them. The appeal of the RP program for me is not so much to tell me what to eat (I like to decide that), rather to automate the translating the ingredient list including amounts of all the recipes for the week into a summation grocery list, the calendar function, the search function, etc.

I think I will go the initial 30 days without RealPlans (one less thing to manage), and see if this works for me. Then look to RealPlans in the going forward.

It would be nice though if in the future Whole30 could include the recipes from the cookbooks into RealPlans as this would be an awesome mix for those who want to invest in the books and use the automation.

Looking forward to #JanuaryWhole30!

Cheers,

Michael

On 12/8/2019 at 6:26 AM, CannaBoy said:

t would be nice though if in the future Whole30 could include the recipes from the cookbooks into RealPlans as this would be an awesome mix for those who want to invest in the books and use the automation.

Hey there!  Just to clarify, Real Plans is a Whole30 approved partner but they're not part of the Whole30 company which puts out the cookbooks so it's not likely that Whole30 would provide their recipes from the cookbooks to an external subscription service.  

I bought realplans before I tired the whole30 and I am going to cancel.  It is supposed to make meal planning easier but it is making it more complicated for me, when using the option 'make more for leftovers' I am finding that I am overbuying, and I am not enjoying the meals.  I thought maybe when I added the whole30 plan it would be better, but it isn't.  I am going to move to using the cookbooks and meal planning tools.  

PS I love cookbooks too!