#JanuaryWhole30 Here We Come...

CannaBoy

Good Morning Whole30 Family :)

My name is Michael and I am so looking forward to beginning the #JanuaryWhole30 with all of you. This will be my second Whole30 journey.

The first time my life was totally transformed...Body, Mind, Soul, and Spirit. I am a Believer in Jesus and He used this program to snatch me from depression, hopelessness, and 3 addictions! The mistake I made, which I do not intend to make this time, is that I did not Reintroduce. Whole30 made such an impact on my life I did not want to change anything and said "Heck with Whole 30, I am Whole Life"...Then July 4th came and went and after indulging in Pizza and Beer, my life slipped back into my old ways. Here I am again in depression and addictions.

NOT AGAIN! I am now convinced that Reintroduction is as, if  not more important than the initial reset.

I look forward to building an eating plan that works for me and making new friends and building relationships with many here.

Here we go! Never looking back,

Michael  

Whole30-reintroduction.png

January will be my second Whole30 also (starting Jan. 5th). I did the reintroduction but have failed at Food Freedom. Need to work on defining that better during the Whole30 this time. For me, it was much easier to have the strict rules during the 30+ days than creating some guidelines that I intended to follow until the first time I had the opportunity not to. I know part of Food Freedom is realizing you need another reset - which I probably needed stating in November. Have been trying to get back on track these two weeks before Christmas, but really gearing up for the reset for January.

Will be tracking here: 

And thoughts on my first Whole30 from September shared here: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jim Baunach said:

@CannaBoy Isn't eating pizza and beer reintroduction of pizza and beer?

My second W30 unexpectedly turned into a W24 by almost the same weakness - pizza and red wine.  :blink:  

• 2 weeks later...

@Ann I hear ya! On my first W30 I had 3 restarts. By the third one my mind had shifted and I thought...wait...this is my body and I only have one...so I want to restart...I did and I'm glad I did :).

What would W30 be without a restart. This time around I was doing good and then...I visited a "Natural" food store and there was a stand outside promo Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel Chocolate Coconut. I tried it and was suspect with how sweet it was. The label seemed clean...not so...Monk Fruit is a sweetener so... boooooo.... Oh well, my W30 starts again today...I plan to do a W60 anyway to make sure I am reset. Then on to reintroduction. The other "landmine" is Epic meat bars. Some of them have sugar added. I guess I need to become a professional label reader...

Cheers!

Archived