Eggs and fruit for breakfast?

Mojojojo1120

Hello,

long time whole30er, first time poster.

first of all, I want to say thank you to whole30 as a whole and to this community. It has changed my life...my wife and I have partaken in multiple rounds of whole30 at this point. The first time, I lost a lot of weight, felt great, and my eyes were opened. Since then, Its been a bit tougher, we typically reattempt a whole30 run and make a lot of healthy foods but also cheat frequently come weekends. It’s an ongoing struggle but we are still hanging in there...

anyways, my question is this:

every morning  I cook myself either 5 eggs (yes 5....I once saw my in shape buddy do it and it left a mark on me). After that, I eat a few fruits (always an apple, usually some grapes, maybe some pineapple).

i think I am probably eating too much but after doing this for so long, I have a hard time not preparing this much food every morning. The thing is, I see eggs as being a great option and fruits as being a great option...but I worry that eating this combination every morning is going to cause me to gain more weight... I know other meals throughout the day impact this but I’m wondering moreso about specifically eating a bunch of eggs then eating a bunch of fruits right after. Should I eliminate something? Maybe try to eat just eggs or just fruits every morning? If so, which should I eliminate? What do you think?

Sorry for the long rambling post, just wanted to explain where I am at.... and thank you very much in advance for any advice.

sincerely,

Joe Kowal

• Moderators

A serving of eggs is as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand, which could be five for you, that's not a crazy number. There's nothing wrong with fruit, but a serving is about the size of your closed fist, so you may be having a little too much, according to the meal template. If you change anything, I'd say try to swap some of the fruit for vegetables. 

You can download the meal template here:  https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

• 1 month later...

Hey there Joe,

I too had a tendency to eat too much fruit, especially in the morning or late evening. It was difficult to taper off, but it was not impossible. 

I'm on day 20. My breakfast most days has been 3 eggs, half an Avocado, 2 small cucumbers, 1 bell pepper (red, yellow or orange) and some berries or a grapefruit. Keeps me full till lunch and no mid morning crash. I feel great all morning. Days where I work extra hard at the gym in the morning and need a snack, I eat a handful of raw nuts or sunflower seeds or olives between breakfast and lunch. 

Best of luck.

ISaac

W3.thumb.jpg.2f22d9de0ff9d4dbc39bc7f00b8a1524.jpg

Archived