Mojojojo1120

Eggs and fruit for breakfast?

Hello,

long time whole30er, first time poster.

first of all, I want to say thank you to whole30 as a whole and to this community. It has changed my life...my wife and I have partaken in multiple rounds of whole30 at this point. The first time, I lost a lot of weight, felt great, and my eyes were opened. Since then, Its been a bit tougher, we typically reattempt a whole30 run and make a lot of healthy foods but also cheat frequently come weekends. It’s an ongoing struggle but we are still hanging in there...

anyways, my question is this:

every morning  I cook myself either 5 eggs (yes 5....I once saw my in shape buddy do it and it left a mark on me). After that, I eat a few fruits (always an apple, usually some grapes, maybe some pineapple).

i think I am probably eating too much but after doing this for so long, I have a hard time not preparing this much food every morning. The thing is, I see eggs as being a great option and fruits as being a great option...but I worry that eating this combination every morning is going to cause me to gain more weight... I know other meals throughout the day impact this but I’m wondering moreso about specifically eating a bunch of eggs then eating a bunch of fruits right after. Should I eliminate something? Maybe try to eat just eggs or just fruits every morning? If so, which should I eliminate? What do you think?

Sorry for the long rambling post, just wanted to explain where I am at.... and thank you very much in advance for any advice.

sincerely,

Joe Kowal

A serving of eggs is as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand, which could be five for you, that's not a crazy number. There's nothing wrong with fruit, but a serving is about the size of your closed fist, so you may be having a little too much, according to the meal template. If you change anything, I'd say try to swap some of the fruit for vegetables. 

You can download the meal template here:  https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/