Like an Onion

Thanks @ShadowInTheKitchen !

I just popped in tonight to say it’s definitely just “making a conscious decision” regarding the alcohol.  

That feeling hits me around supper time ... I need to work on what I can do to avoid that happening, as well as what to do when it hits.

My husband & kids are all out of town right now, so I made it through tonight knowing that if anything were to happen with MIL, I needed to be sober.  

That’s just one day.  I need to do more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I decided to change my avatar tonight, in honor of Toby.  He's the toad who has spent so much time with me this summer. One morning, I came outside to find Toby sitting backwards in the cab of th

Day 13:  8/8/20 – Enjoying being sober.  How about that?   

Day 31:  5/14/20 Weighed in today ~ same conditions:  126.4 lbs That's 4.8 lbs in 30 days ~ and 3.7% of my weight = gone.

Posted Images

I decided to change my avatar tonight, in honor of Toby.  He's the toad who has spent so much time with me this summer.

One morning, I came outside to find Toby sitting backwards in the cab of the dump truck.

"Do you ever just feel all turned around?" was my immediate thought.  I shared it with my friend, and we had a good laugh.

But Toby had a plan.  He was working toward a goal.

You see ~ I had come outside on a previous morning to find him sitting on top of the cab of the dump truck.

And I came out on a later morning (after this avatar pic) to find him fully immersed in the water in the bed of the dump truck.  ...Ah... he'd made it.  And he has made it several times since.

This is the dogs' drinking water.  Yes, we use a plastic dump truck as our dogs' outside drinking bowl.  How did this happen?  Well, you see ~ life is busy, and when we got our first dog - there was the dump truck, right there by the outside spigot.  We filled it up with water for him to drink ... and it has been the dog bowl, for five years now.

Five years.

I had friends here five years ago, who were part of my journey when we first brought Rocket into our family.  My sleep was disrupted for the first time in years.  I struggled with cravings, and increased caffeine consumption, and trying to figure out a new normal.

That's life.  That's real.  ...And that's okay.

I was thinking tonight about how much has changed just since I started this journal.  I feel like a different person.  

That's because I am a different person.  That's life.  That's real.  ...And that's good.

We should always be moving forward.  We should always be working toward a goal.  

We may look like Toby in my avatar sometimes - and that's okay, too.  Toby sat there and thought about it for awhile ... but he reached his destination.

I wish the same for each of you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2020 at 9:17 PM, Brewer5 said:

I decided to change my avatar tonight, in honor of Toby.  He's the toad who has spent so much time with me this summer.

One morning, I came outside to find Toby sitting backwards in the cab of the dump truck.

"Do you ever just feel all turned around?" was my immediate thought.  I shared it with my friend, and we had a good laugh.

But Toby had a plan.  He was working toward a goal.

You see ~ I had come outside on a previous morning to find him sitting on top of the cab of the dump truck.

And I came out on a later morning (after this avatar pic) to find him fully immersed in the water in the bed of the dump truck.  ...Ah... he'd made it.  And he has made it several times since.

This is the dogs' drinking water.  Yes, we use a plastic dump truck as our dogs' outside drinking bowl.  How did this happen?  Well, you see ~ life is busy, and when we got our first dog - there was the dump truck, right there by the outside spigot.  We filled it up with water for him to drink ... and it has been the dog bowl, for five years now.

Five years.

I had friends here five years ago, who were part of my journey when we first brought Rocket into our family.  My sleep was disrupted for the first time in years.  I struggled with cravings, and increased caffeine consumption, and trying to figure out a new normal.

That's life.  That's real.  ...And that's okay.

I was thinking tonight about how much has changed just since I started this journal.  I feel like a different person.  

That's because I am a different person.  That's life.  That's real.  ...And that's good.

We should always be moving forward.  We should always be working toward a goal.  

We may look like Toby in my avatar sometimes - and that's okay, too.  Toby sat there and thought about it for awhile ... but he reached his destination.

I wish the same for each of you.

Love this! Thanks for posting. And love the song as well. Trying to stay encouraged and focused. Words and music help me focus and keep going. #1stWhole30