Jim Baunach's Whole30

Jim Baunach

On 12/12/2019 at 10:02 AM, heb2014 said:

My first was in September. I felt REALLY REALLY good for several weeks after - but then the kids' Halloween candy started my downfall.

@heb2014 I thought that whole30 was supposed to eliminate cravings.  I was excited to start whole30, but after hearing about all these post-whole30 experiences, am having second thoughts.

Thanks.

Jim

4 hours ago, heb2014 said:

A lifetime of bad habits doesn't just disappear after 30 (or 40 days with reintroduction) - even if cravings are curbed

@heb2014  The problem is Whole30 does in fact claim to do it in 30 days.  It is in the title of the program and the top of  the home page of the Whole30 web site says "Change your life in 30 days with the Whole30".  The rules says " just give us 30 short days".

image.png.10a1966b1a1694f4090d66027092558d.png

• Administrators

You bet - you can definitely make changes in those 30 days. We are sure that you understand where we're going with this one and that we aren't purporting to completely change a person's life from front to back in 30 days. 

7 hours ago, ladyshanny said:

we aren't purporting to completely change a person's life from front to back in 30 days. 

@ladyshanny But that is exactly what whole30 is purporting to do.  The Whole30 web site says "Change your life in 30 days with the Whole30".  See above.

Thanks.

Jim

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Jim Baunach said:

@ladyshanny But that is exactly what whole30 is purporting to do.  The Whole30 web site says "Change your life in 30 days with the Whole30".  See above.

Thanks.

Jim

OK - so try it out and you tell us - did it change your life? Or did it cause change in your life? Or no change whatsoever. Do the experiment and see what happens.

1 hour ago, heb2014 said:

It says it will change your life; it doesn't say "You will never crave something unhealthy again in your life".  

@heb2014 I didn't say that the Whole30 web site said "You will never crave something unhealthy again in your life".  I'm not sure where you got that.  It does say  eliminate cravings and lose weight, which are the main reasons I want to try it.

image.png.7f44a2fd4ba327c5373edcf9206ab075.png

1 hour ago, JessFind said:

If you're looking for a magic pill, this isn't the program for you.

@JessFind I'm not looking for a magic pill.  I never said I was.  Just want a simple program I can stick to to see the benefits below.  The short rules seem simple, but not all the "recommendations".

image.png.7f44a2fd4ba327c5373edcf9206ab075.png

Archived