Starting 1st whole 30 on 1/6/2020

Carol03053

A co-worker did whole 30 to support his wife, after talking to him, decided to give this a try.  I have food allergies - all dairy products - eggs - wheat intolerance - sugar cane.  I have found all sorts of substitutes over the years but tend to grab the snacks instead of eating healthy.  I have dieted before some success, some not.  I'm doing this on my own.  My boyfriend is not.   Been planning for a while on what to do  - go to our camp every other weekend no cooking there other than microwave, eat dinner out most nights, teach so eat lunch early in the day, cleaned out the frig, freezer, & cabinets  Cooked this weekend to get ready.  I'm good to go!!

Hi Carol!  I'm also starting today, but this is my second Whole30.  My fiance and I did our first one during July 2018.  He did it to support me, and I was doing it to see if I had any food intolerance because I have a lot of family members who have issues with gluten, dairy, sugar, etc.... I found out I had no issues with any of the main groups (yay!). I really loved how I felt at the end - I was more alert, I had lost weight, my headaches had decreased, I had more energy, my skin was better, literally everything. Unfortunately, I didn't have a game plan for moving past the 30 days so I quickly fell into old habits (all the candy......).  When my fiance suggested we do Whole 30 again, I reluctantly agreed (because this isn't an easy month, especially the first week), but we went to get our groceries and I'm excited to be starting so I can get back to all those benefits. My goal this time around is to figure out how I continue to eat healthy past the 30 days without turning this into a Whole 365 (which definitely isn't doable).

Good luck with your Whole 30! Let me know how day 1 went!

First 2 days have been good - waiting for the side effects the book talks about.  I may not get it as much since I don't eat wheat and dairy anyway.  The sugar dragon did show up on Day 1 while we were out to eat.  My boyfriend did not have any fruit or nuts at his house, so I asked the bar tender for a slice of orange - did the trick.  Now I have dates and nuts at his house just in case.  Good luck with your Whole 30!

We made it through the weekend and are on Day 8! I had my first stress dream about accidentally eating a non-compliant food and woke up feeling guilty, but damn that dream bread tasted good :lol:.  This happened to me last time I did Whole30 - I rarely ever eat bread in my day-to-day life and I don't like fried foods, but all of my noncompliant eating in my dreams is bread and fried foods. 

I'm finding this round of Whole30 to be easier than the last time I did it.  I think it's because I know what to expect and how to shop for it.  This week will be tough though. I work for an organization that offers executive education courses and whenever we run a course, we provide the participants with food and then get to eat the leftovers.  The catering we use is delicious and often the food is compliant, so I've packed lunch but am planning to check out the food offerings before deciding whether to eat my packed lunch or the food we're serving each day. I don't think it'll be hard to make the determination of whether what we're serving is compliant (I'll err on the side of caution and eat my packed lunch if I don't know), but I love love the desserts they generally serve so I'll be sad to pass those up.

@____Emily____ I've had three of those dreams! In one I was eating a burrito, in the second I was drinking beer, and in the worst one I was outside a supermarket and a guy was doing a taste test on cupcakes and wanted me to compare two of them - I don't even really like cupcakes that much! Each time I woke up feeling like I did something bad!

Archived