Dinner and a movie

btvs1981

Hi Guys, a quick bit of advice please? I have a date tomorrow with my awesome 7 year old son (without his siblings so unusual and a bit special) and we're going to dinner and a movie. Of course he wants to choose the dinner spot and there will not be anything compliant at all! What would you do? The movie is at 5 and he'll likely choose to smuggle some fast food into the cinema as he has done in the past. We're going to the shops looking to spend some Christmas money beforehand and then the movie. 

I'm thinking I either have a mini-meal before we go and wait for dinner until we get home or, take a baggie of blueberries, cashews and coconut flakes and a sparkling water with me and then have dinner when I get home. I don't know how to get around having to wait until I get home to eat my compliant dinner.

Any suggestions or would either of those be reasonable plans? Bearing in mind I'm in Aus and it seems much harder to eat out in a compliant way out here so I'm super scared to try...

• Moderators
12 hours ago, btvs1981 said:

I'm thinking I either have a mini-meal before we go and wait for dinner until we get home or, take a baggie of blueberries, cashews and coconut flakes and a sparkling water with me and then have dinner when I get home.

I would say the first option is probably your best bet if they are both things you can manage.  That's because a mini meal of protein and fat and ideally veg is going to give you more staying power and less of those snacky cravings (which I would not want to have in a movie theatre) than berries and nuts/flakes.  If the movie is at 5, assuming you live in relative proximity to the theatre, you should be home by 7ish to have dinner... that's not terrible if you've had the mini meal beforehand.

Archived