Anyone else hate sweet potatoes now?

SarahCLT

You can eat regular potatoes. 

Sounds like you may have overloaded your meals with sweet potatoes and now it's just become too much. Any recipe that has sweet potatoes, you can swap out regular potatoes or some other root vegetable. But mix it up. Because otherwise in a week you'll be repulsed by rutabagas.

• Moderators

Definitely mix it up with the veggies. I found I love shredded rutabaga (a wonderful thing I'd never have discovered if potatoes had been allowed in the early days of Whole30) sauteed with any kind of meat, onions, paprika, salt and a little chili powder, topped with a runny egg.  YUM. There are lots of good veggies out there, don't get stuck in the sweet potato rut. Also try preparing things differently, shredded, spiralized, roasted, pureed (Velvety Butternut Squash!), thin sliced and roasted, cubed, spiralized ...

• 1 month later...

It was the opposite for me.
I was not used to sweet potatoes, and during my W30 I started to consume it more frequently and realized I really like them.

Routines are changing and we need to adjust them, but there is a lot to be learned from that.
Bored of sweet potatoes? Try something else! :)

• Whole30 Certified Coach
8 minutes ago, SchrodingersCat said:

Try other root vegetables. I use turnips, swedes, celeriac, pumpkin, parnsips etc in addition to sweet potato and regular potato. they all roast and mash well.

@SchrodingersCat these are great suggestions! I love to add celeriac to potatoes and then mash all together. I use less potatoes this way and get the added punch of the flavor of celeriac. It's not a pretty veggie, but so tasty! LOL 

16 minutes ago, Terra Milliken said:

@SchrodingersCat these are great suggestions! I love to add celeriac to potatoes and then mash all together. I use less potatoes this way and get the added punch of the flavor of celeriac. It's not a pretty veggie, but so tasty! LOL 

Celeriac is the love of my life! It makes such good chips, too. You're right - it's pretty ugly LOL but so delicious and versatile!

Archived