Increased feeling of indigestion

I am on my second bout with whole 30, I successfully completed my first round back in September, and am looking to get back on track. However, this go around seems to be a lot more difficult with regards to my "gut." It seems with almost every meal I get a feeling of indigestion. I have a condition called Barrett's esophagus, a condition that is the result of long-term GERD. Therefore I am required to take protonix daily, and pepcid to supplement if symptoms get worse. 

My question, should i try taking digestive enzymes to help? Is there something else i could try? 

My diet is much like the first time i completed whole 30, lean meats, vegetables, fruits. nothing crazy.

Thank you for your input!

I've experienced similar issues each time I do the Whole30, and from reading up on it, it seems to be somewhat normal, especially during the first couple weeks. I reduced the amount of acidic and particularly fatty foods I was eating (things like oranges, roast, ham, etc), and focused on meats and veggies that are easier to digest. Reducing the acid and the fat seemed to help, and it slowly improved for me. 

• Moderators

I feel like this is something you might want to discuss with a doctor. You have a long term condition you're dealing with and no one here is really qualified to say how digestive enzymes are going to affect that.

If you aren't already, try focusing on mostly cooked vegetables, not raw, and be sure you don't overdo things like cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, and kale being the most common) that are known to cause gas, bloating, and other digestive issues.  

Archived