My Whole 30 2.0

Terresa

2019 Was a huge year for transitions in our family. Although it was mostly in good ways, I got to the point where I was using too many "spoons" per day and not stopping to even try to recover. I had an ME crash in early November. In addition to all the usual symptoms of my chronic illness flaring madly, I gained 10 pounds in about 10 weeks and my digestive system has slowed to a crawl. Now it's time to care for my body properly again.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, fried in coconut oil, with a mound of spinach - quick, easy, and I can make myself eat it when I don't want to eat. 1 cup coffee, straight up. Remember to eat within an hour of getting up. This is a good start for me, as I hardly want to move for the first 2-3 hours of the day.

Goal: Hard-boil 6 eggs to have on hand.

Yesterday lunch: fruit and nuts

Yesterday dinner: steak and salad, with olive oil and balsamic vinegar

So, although it was a good first day, food-wise, by mid-afternoon it was clear that I'd caught the head-cold that's doing the rounds. I am sick, which is going to make things very difficult, especially with the sore throat. Trying not to take anything might be a fail.

Still, I did manage breakfast this morning.

Breakfast: my go-to

If the cold gets too hard to deal with, I may have to restart this W30 in a few days.

6 minutes ago, Terresa said:

So, although it was a good first day, food-wise, by mid-afternoon it was clear that I'd caught the head-cold that's doing the rounds. I am sick, which is going to make things very difficult, especially with the sore throat. Trying not to take anything might be a fail.

Hope you feel better soon!  Get lots of sleep & water of course... You are doing great so far!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I so sympathise with the vertigo! Chronic unremitting vertigo was why I started W30 in January 2019. What causes yours? Mine turned out to be vestibular migraine caused by food intolerances. I slipped back into old ways of eating late last year and now I'm back on round, because it came back and was getting more persistent. I truly hope it lets up on you!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 1:53 PM, SchrodingersCat said:

I so sympathise with the vertigo! Chronic unremitting vertigo was why I started W30 in January 2019. What causes yours? Mine turned out to be vestibular migraine caused by food intolerances. I slipped back into old ways of eating late last year and now I'm back on round, because it came back and was getting more persistent. I truly hope it lets up on you!

Mine is part of my Post-viral Syndrome (ME), and flares up, usually when I come down with a sinus/ears-related virus. This one's been a really long haul!

Ok, ready to start again! Still having chiropractic and massage therapy, but I'm off the medications. Yay! Now I need this even more than before!

Restarted yesterday, and remembered to eat breakfast today, so I'm off to a good start.

Archived