Amy's Log for 2020

Amy_Michigan

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 30/Will restart March 1st...or March 2nd due to my mess-ups

Today I had eggs and a banana for breakfast.  Lunch was an apple because I was on the road and didn’t have time to prepare anything beforehand that I could eat while driving.  Dinner was likely non-compliant food because I took my kids to their cousin’s birthday party.  It was a 2.5 hour drive, but there was good weather at least.  

At the party, I had some 7-up, homemade potato salad, bbq pulled pork without the bun, some raw broccoli in a yogurty-tasting dressing, some carrot sticks, and strawberries.  I did not eat any cake- yay me!

Spending the night out of town tonight...very far away from my fridge of healthy foods... As long as I can figure out something good for breakfast, I might be able to make it home tomorrow without going off the rails too much.

Yesterday, Day 31 on this site  (have not completed a complaint whole30 in this log yet).

Yesterday was full of mess ups on the drive home.  I started out good by getting unsweetened black tea, a chocolate Rx bar, and some almonds from the gas station.  Well I determined once again that Rx bars (in my opinion) are disgusting except for the kid's chocolate chip kind, and I pigged out I got for snacks in the car for the kids.  I gave each of my kids a handful of pringles and ate the rest of the can myself!!!!  Also gave my kids a handful of gummy bears and then ate the rest of the bag myself!!!!  I also ended up drinking a strawberry banana smoothie from Mcdonalds.

After I got home, I didn't eat much. A couple of hours after I got home I had another crampy episode in the bathroom.  #regret #notAGAIN

Around 8pm, I ate a half of a banana (craving real food) and made myself a large chicken salad to give myself healthy greens.

Day 32 of logging  (note: I have not completed a complaint whole30 in this log yet).

M1: I made myself 2 eggs

M2: Panera Bread chicken salad, apple, unsweetened tea. (salad had lettuce, chicken, almonds, sesame dressing which probably had soy)

20200302_150249.jpg

M3 yesterday was zucchini spaghetti and compliant pasta sauce.

---

Today...Day 33-Note: In between whole30 attempts

M1: Tuna Patties (tuna, almond flour, eggs)

M2: Chicken salad (Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, chicken, avocado ranch)

Snack *Not Compliant*: Chocolate covered almonds (too many)

M3: Zucchini Spaghetti with ground beef & compliant pasta sauce

Side of Cucumbers

Since I'm between Whole30s I want to share my starting weight for the next round.  

SW (Jan 1 2020): 240 pounds

SW (Feb 1/Start of Whole30): 230

CW (March 4): 220

I will take measurements in a week or so (after my period) and compare them to measurements I took a month ago.

I did not go to the gym or do intentional exercise during my February Whole30.  I did do walking on the treadmill to start my weightloss journey in January, and I want to get back in the habit soon.

GOALS:

- Always have food/grocery shop 1-2 times per week

- Make crockpot soup every week to last 5-7 days

- Always have lettuce, salad dressing, hard-boiled eggs, and cooked chicken on hand

- Do not eat after 7 PM

- Space meals out pretty equally:

M1: 8 or 9 AM (7 on an early day)

M2: 12 or 1 PM (11:30 on an early day)

M3: 6 PM (4 on an early day)

Yesterday - Day 34 on this site (not on plan)

Worth noting: I started my period on this day. 

M1: Banana I think?

M2: Panera chicken salad, apple, and non-dairy peach blueberry smoothie.

M3: Avocado pudding made with avocado, cocoa powder, almond butter, and maple syrup.  I made it with a large avocado and regretfully I ate the whole thing myself.

I can’t remember if I ate anything else.  

Today- Day 35 (not on plan)  ... still no idea when I’m going to be ready to start Day 1

I have cramps and no appetite.

M1:Zucchini Spaghetti with ground beef

Might have some of my sweet potato soup with chicken before bed. 

Day 36... 4 more days until I start my next whole30.

M1: Sweet potato basil soup with chicken

M2: Strawberry, Banana, and Coconut milk (1/2 can) smoothie.  Only 3 ingredients and it was still delicious!

M3: Taco salad with romaine lettuce, ground beef, taco spices, and salsa.  Then ate half a cauliflower-crust pizza with pizza sauce, ground beef, and half of a string cheese.  Saving the other half for my moms birthday party tomorrow where she is having pizza delivered.  I am making a gluten free chocolate cake to bring so I can partake.  As you can tell, I loosened the reigns slightly for dairy, but not grains/gluten yet.  The cauliflower crust was gluten free but did have a small amount of cheese and chickpeas (legumes).

I went to see The Invisible Man tonight at the theater and didn’t get any drink or food.  Yay me.

So I started my new job this week.  And I got sick starting today.  I was going to start my next whole30 today but I have training today and tomorrow and it is catered with Jimmy John's so I decided to extend my break to a later date (TBD since now I am sick).

Yesterday I ate mostly complaint except for Cesar salad dressing at a restaurant where I was taken out for lunch on my first day.  Here are my meals written out:

March 9- Day 39 (not on a whole30)

M1: Banana (my tummy growled at me during the HR presentation for not leaving myself enough time to make or pick up breakfast)

M2: Chicken Cesar Salad from a restaurant, some complaint mixed nuts for a snack after

M3: Sweet Potato Basil Soup with chicken

March 10- Day 40 (not on whole30)

Today was not good.  My daughter got sick starting Sunday night and last night (Monday night) I didn't get a lot of sleep because she was up several times.  Thankfully my husband took over taking care of her so I could sleep a little bit.  My symptoms are mostly just sore throat and cough.  My daughter has had a fever and cough and has stayed home from school Mon/Tues.  I also had a lot of gas and bloating today...I am thinking it was due to eating something that didn't agree with me since I've been adding in foods I haven't eaten in over a month like Kind bars and chocolate almond milk (and the cesar dressing yesterday).  My poor tummy hurt with cramps from gas during my training (even before the Jimmy John's sandwich).  Eek!

M1: A cup of mixed melon, two kind bars, and a bottle of chocolate almond milk

M2: Jimmy John's Sierra Sandwich (turkey)

M3: Homemade (my husband's doing) Chicken Soup made with potatoes, carrots, chicken, and broth.

Day 43: Friday- March 13- still sick- not on whole30

M1: chick soup with broth, carrots, potato

M2: sweet pot soup with chicken, and drank more broth

Snack: steamed broccoli- shared with kids

M3: Banana pancakes, kids rxbar 

Also drank a couple of glasses of Naked juice (blueberry type)

Day 44: Saturday- March 14- still sick- not on whole30

M1: sweet potato soup with chicken, some broth on the side to drink

Will probably have a salad for lunch

• 2 weeks later...

@Amy_Michigan ~ please check in when you can.  

Reading through your recent posts reminded me, I was sick for about 2 weeks of March, also.  I'm finally over it, I guess ... I still have a feeling of fluid in one ear especially, sometimes both.  That is a symptom that comes and goes even when I'm not sick, and is dependent on what I am eating.  Anyway - I'd like to know how your family is doing, if you have a few minutes to post.  Take care.

@Brewer5 I'm alive- thank you for asking me to check in.  I have occasional coughing but I'm feeling 90% back to normal.  My family is also doing well.  I'm able to work from home for the new job I was hired for (whew), but I'm not extremely busy.  I think things will improve in time.  Construction projects are a little up in the air right now, even though public works was considered "essential".  I work at a civil engineering consulting firm and everyone in my office has set up their computers at home and continued working.  My husband, I may have mentioned, is a stay at home dad who works from home part time as an online test-prep instructor.  So we've been okay; he is homeschooling the kids.  

I am going to start a new journal on this site somewhere to help me through April.  Not sure what it will be under- food freedom maybe.  All I know is that I've been eating like crap the last 2 weeks because of the temptations from being at home all day.  And for some reason when I was loading up the grocery cart a couple weeks ago for my family, I happened to grab all my old favorite snack foods/comfort foods... wheat thins, cheese-its, graham crackers, oreos, and LOTS of granola bars that look like candy bars.  So that wasn't very smart.  I've been noticing a few health related consequences of eating junk- some lupus related skin issues.  I have noticed a few red bumps inflamed on my arms, and I got this weird under-the-skin blood spot on the crook of my left elbow.  That was weird enough that I messaged my rhematologist.  She didn't think it was an emergency, but I will also let my primary care/internal medicine doctor know too, just in case.  I noticed it yesterday and it already seems to be fading a little bit today, like a bruise would.

So I'm putting my health in jeopardy when it is NOT a great time to do that.  On the plus side, after 45's tweet about my lupus medication being a possible miracle drug (which is NOT proven), I was able to pick up a 3 month supply...Thank God- I thought my pharmacy would have been cleaned out like how stores were with toilet paper.  So at least I don't have to worry about that for a little while!

Oh- and I have been praying every day for this pandemic to end.  I live outside of Detroit, but not far.  Looks like Detroit may be following in NYC's footsteps, at least in terms of the steep incline of cases.  There are about 600 cases in my county right now.  I'm trying not to let anxiety get to me.

@Amy_Michigan ~ I 100% have thought of you and your lupus every time I've seen the drug discussion.  My first thought was actually: "Oh, man, I hope Amy has a good supply..."

Please do continue to check in and post.  It seems the 3 of us who were regularly posting on my onion thread have all been through a roller coaster of emotional eating this past month or so.  Just when we should be taking the very BEST care of ourselves - we fall apart and give in to "whatever".  I'm all for celebrating even one compliant day at a time right now.  Seriously.

I'm so glad to hear from you.  Hugs!  {6-feet-apart - socially-distanced air-hugs, of course!}.  :) 

@Amy_Michigan  I’m so glad you are feeling better.  I agree with @Brewer5 that any day or meal for that matter that we can make complaint is worthy of a celebration.  I like the advice in the Food Freedom book.  When you feel out of control don’t focus on doing a whole 30 just ask yourself how can I make this next meal compliant.  Don’t worry about the one after or the next few days after. Just the next bite that goes in your.  Make that bite compliant.  If we can do this enough times we will find ourselves several days into a whole 30 and feeling more in control than we do now.  We can do this 1 bite at a time!

Archived