High morning blood glucose

Hi everyone, a new member here. I'm a pre-diabetic on Metformin twice a day, and have been doing Whole30 since 1/1. My diet prior to this was in the poor to fair category, with healthy homemade meals but with constant snacking on crap, including candy, at work, and having few drinks every evening. I have been loosing about a pound a day (started at 260), being strict with 3 meals a day and eating 6-am to 6pm, but no portion control, and not really being too hungry. Feeling good, with more energy.

My problem is that my typical morning fasting glucose has been around 105. Ever since I started testing myself while on W30, day 3, it's been around 120. Last 3 days I even dropped my evening Metformin, and it stayed about the same. Every other time I measure myself, its consistently in the 85-95 range (before meals, 2 hours after meals, bedtime). I'm supposed to have my physical next week, and not sure what to do with the high morning level. Thanks for any feedback!

• Moderators

No one here is a doctor. We can't give you any kind of medical advice.

A change in diet is going to affect blood sugar levels, but three days isn't necessarily long enough to say whether it's going to continue at this level or change over time as your body adjusts. I would suggest maybe calling your doctor and telling them what's going on and see if they are concerned enough to change something now or if you're ok to just wait until you go in next week.

Obviously though if this is really affecting how you feel and whether you're able to carry on with your day, go to a doctor or urgent care or something now.

3 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

No one here is a doctor. We can't give you any kind of medical advice.

A change in diet is going to affect blood sugar levels, but three days isn't necessarily long enough to say whether it's going to continue at this level or change over time as your body adjusts. I would suggest maybe calling your doctor and telling them what's going on and see if they are concerned enough to change something now or if you're ok to just wait until you go in next week.

Obviously though if this is really affecting how you feel and whether you're able to carry on with your day, go to a doctor or urgent care or something now.

You are right, this is probably not the best place to ask. Can you please delete this thread? Thanks!

Archived