Bloating and blockages

Rebski

Hey, im on day 10 and its going great, mood is up, my hot flushes have stopped. Only trouble is terrible bloating and trouble going to the toilet. I bloat normally so i have been trying to go for the fodmap veggies. But doesnt seem to help. Also normally have no problem in the toilet department. Its getting uncomfortable. Ive been taking digestive enzymes the last 2 days but no improvement. 

Is it my gut adjusting? Im i doing something wrong? Any advice? 

• Moderators

It's hard to say what could be going on without more information about what you're eating, if you want more feedback, list a day or two of typical meals along with approximate portion sizes and we can see if anything stands out.

In general, make sure you're drinking plenty of water and adding a serving or two of fat to each meal, in addition to whatever oil you cook in. Going for cooked vegetables rather than raw may help with bloating. You might also pay attention to how many cruciferous vegetables you're eating, since for some people they are known to cause bloating. These would be broccoli, cauliflower, kale, cabbage and others in that family of vegetables. 

Thanks for getting back;

heres what i ate the last 2 days;

breakfast: boiled egg, mushrooms and spinach fried in olive oil, roasted sweet potato.

lunch: prawn thai curry with courgette, red pepper, spinach and kale on cauliflower rice.

breakfast: chia made with almond milk, banana, roasted coconut, blueberry and pomegranate, tomates on the side.

lunch: left over prawn curry.

dinner: chicken with homemade hot sauce, roasted sweet potatoes and a carrot and cabbage salad with orange and basil dressing.

so both kale and cauliflower !! 

any ideas how to get extra fat in my diet? Try to always have a glass of water at hand, just i be drinking more on whole30?

• Moderators

The meal template lists most of the fats you could have, you can download it here:  https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/. Avocado, olives, coconut flakes or milk, occasionally nuts or seeds, mayo, dressings, dips, or sauces are all ways to add fat. If your curry used coconut milk, that's added fat, your salad dressing, assuming it contains oil, would add some fat. Other ideas could be mayo or dressing to dip vegetables in or topping a baked potato or sweet potato with ghee or oil. 

For water, the usual advice is to aim for half your body weight in ounces, so a 120-lb person should aim for 60 oz of water a day. 

Archived