Alcohol 1st at Reintroduction - Does it Count as a "Food"

WSShannon

I am about to complete my Whole 30. I timed it this way because I have a function five days after I finish. I was wanting to jump right back on for another 30 days after the function, but I'm wondering if I don't eat anything off plan but drink a glass of wine during reintro, would I still be able to reintroduce other foods gradually to see how they affect me or after the alcohol, would I start again and wait until after those 30 days to slow reintroduce foods? Does alcohol count as a "food" during reinto such as if I had dairy one day with the rest compliant, then had two days compliant and then tried something else. Will the sugars in it throw everything off or can you reintro this first? Thanks!

• Moderators

This sounds like a slow roll reintroduction -- you finish your 30 days, and then you stay whole30, but then when something comes up and you feel like it's worth it, you reintro that, and then go back to whole30 until something else comes up that is worth it. You can read more about that here:  https://whole30.com/dear-melissa-slow-reintroduction-roll/. You can do the reintroductions in any order you want to, it all works the same way.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived