Bueller

Whole 30 bodily side effect

This is going to be blunt & weird, but I must ask! Okay so this is my second attempt at Whole 30. I'm on day 12 (going on 13). I had a bowel movement a couple days ago. Loose stool. Ever since then, I've been having anal itching. I've cleaned & cleaned & cleaned, but still continues to itch. I'm worried it's some type of anal fungal infection, or if this is my body getting rid of any fungus that may have been in my bowels? I'm not sure. Let me know your thoughts!

@Bueller My guess is a hemorrhoid or anal fissue became irritated and the extra cleaning has irritated it more. My go to product for anything below the belt is A&D Ointment/Diaper Rash Cream. (Generic is fine for most things but I recommend brand name for this.) Great stuff and gentle enough for baby bottoms! :)

I typically start with plain coconut oil (yep, the same kind that I cook with!) and see if that helps to reduce inflammation and itching. If not, I move up to the A&D ointment (you want the gel-type cream, not the pasty one!)... rarely, I've had to use hemorrhoid cream that was medicated, but the coconut oil usually clears up itching for me. Whatever you use, you're just looking to put a little bit on a piece of toilet paper (after you're nice and clean, of course) and wipe it on to cover the affected area.

3 hours ago, Bueller said:

Thank you guys! Is this happening because of whole 30? I've never had a problem with hemorrhoids before, or anything like this.

That would be really difficult for us to say... It could be a detox reaction or it could just be a coincidence that these two things are happening at the same time.  I hope one of the ideas above helps give you relief!