Can I have Wellbutrin (bupropion)

Bebareba

I understand mental health comes first and will keep taking them either way, but want to know if the ingredients below are allowed.

ethylcellulose, glyceryl behenate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion, polyvinyl alcohol, polyethylene glycol, povidone, silicon dioxide, and triethyl citrate.

• Moderators

I think you'd have to google each of those ingredients and then match up what they are to the rules... since we don't consider any medication non compliant, it's probably a lot to ask the volunteer members and mods to do so and it's not likely that people would just 'know' these ingredients.

Hi.  I just went through the very same thing that you are going through now.  I hope that I can help you.   :)

I am on several medications for my mental health.  My pharmacist went through all my medicines to check for gluten, dairy, and soy.  I would ask your pharmacist to do the same. 

Either way, as you know, you need to stay on your medicine while you do the Whole30.  If you find that ingredients are not compliant, you may be able to talk with your psychiatrist about switching you from a generic to a brand name if the brand name is compliant (and if your insurance will cover it) but, again, while you are talking to your psychiatrist, STAY ON YOUR MEDICINE AND STILL DO THE WHOLE30.

Long term, several groups are lobbying to have allergens listed on meds as they are on food.  We can ask our lawmakers to support this.

Archived