Seafood "Stew"

kb0426

Okay, so calling this a seafood stew is probably making it sound far more glamorous than what it really was, but is was SO GOOD I want to encourage you to try it!

On a cook-up day, make this sauce:

http://www.thegalleygourmet.net/2012/01/sunday-dinner_22.html

As I have shared before, the meatballs are NOT WHOLE30. There is my disclaimer. I made half the recipe for 2 lovely quarts of sauce.

Take a bag of Trader Joe's frozen seafood blend, which is shrimp, scallops and calamari. Any seafood of your choice would work.

Cook the seafood blend in some olive oil. This releases a lot of "broth" from the seafood. Don't discard!

Add in the sauce that you made on your cook day. As much or as little as you want. Heat through.

Add in some red pepper flakes if you like a little heat. Throw in zucchini noodles, and cook until the zucchini is as al dente as you like!

It really was delicious, and dinner was ready in 35 minutes. The longest step was releasing the water from the zucchini.

I was part of the clean plate club tonight. I literally licked my plate clean!

Do NOT be scared of making your own sauce. The biggest challenge is finding san marzano tomatoes. If you can't find san marzano tomato puree, fear not; just use 2 cans of whole tomato as you are going to puree the whole lot anyways.

Enjoy!

Archived