Stomach Pains Day 12 On

I have been having really bad stomach pain since Day 12 (I'm currently on Day 16).  It bothers me most during and after a meal, however, it has woken me up a couple times during the night. I went to the doctor yesterday and was given a prescription to help with acid reflux thinking that is what is causing the pain, but they said the medication may take 5-7 days before you notice improvements. I've stopped eating acidic fruits and veggies, but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has any good compliant remedies to calm the stomach? 

Really hard to focus on the all of the NSV I have been experiencing (I've already dropped a pant size and feel more energized throughout my day) when I am in such pain.

• Moderators

Can you tell us what you've been eating for the past several days? We might be able to give suggestions.

No one here is a medical professional and we can't diagnose you. However it's important to know that stomach issues are often caused by NOT ENOUGH acid in the stomach - thus the food can't be digested. There could also be bigger underlying gut biome issues that would be best addressed by a functional medicine practitioner.

Do you drink a lot of coffee? It's often a culprit in acid reflux. You may want to cut it out or cut back on it.

Archived