Guess who's back? Round 3 Day 1 on 28 January

SchrodingersCat

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wednesday.

OK. SO. Today is supposed my last compliant day for this 'round' because my parents arrive tomorrow for our long weekend away at a cheese festival (planned since last September). By the time I get home, they will have cooked dinner, and it won't be compliant.  

Plus, I've just been drafted to a team on a trivia night tonight, fully catered. SO, I half expect that yesterday will end up being my last compliant day until Monday (when I will be back on track being compliant on any normal day, and only eating non-complaint things as events or circumstances arise - Food Freedom, if you will). 

I don't have any real desire to eat non-compliant tonight, but we shall see what's on offer. 

Meal 1 and 2 are as above. Meal 3 will be leftover beef, pepper and snow pea stir fry with cauli rice, unless I eat at the event.

OK, spirit of honesty:

2 small pieces thin crust pizza (average), 1 arancini ball (blergh), 2 pita rolls with beef and relish (ok), 3 pieces crumbed calamari (very average), 4 pieces thin pita with capsicum dip (best thing there), and a sausage roll (greasy and not good).

Came home, small glass of red wine and some compliant beef and red pepper omelette.

TRASH FOOD AND WINE WAS A BAD, BAD CHOICE!!

Ugh, total food and mild booze hangover today. NOT cool. I'm annoyed at myself because the food I ate was actually garbage - not just in it being junk but also it wasn't even nice. BLERGH!

Mum and Dad get here this afternoon. We fly out at 7:30am tomorrow, so up at 5:30am. So although everyone else will be on the wine tonight, I certainly will not be! 

I forgot my damn lunch, too. No idea what I'm going to have. I mean, it doesn't have to be 100% compliant, because my day isn't going to be, but I don't want to go too off track, either.

3 hours ago, SchrodingersCat said:

TRASH FOOD AND WINE WAS A BAD, BAD CHOICE!!

Ugh, total food and mild booze hangover today. NOT cool. I'm annoyed at myself because the food I ate was actually garbage - not just in it being junk but also it wasn't even nice. BLERGH!

Well, you knew this was coming, right?  Are you coming back after? It sounds like you will, but wasn't I sure of your exact plan... safe travels and hope to see you back in a few days!

3 minutes ago, Amy_Michigan said:

Well, you knew this was coming, right?  Are you coming back after? It sounds like you will, but wasn't I sure of your exact plan... safe travels and hope to see you back in a few days!

Thank you! Definitely back right after! I can't believe I'm completely cut off for 3 days haahaa. 

In the spirit of tracking (and I'm going to try to track the weekend, too, and post when I get Wifi):

Breakfast: Ham and veg soup (non-compliant ham, corn, and chicken stock)

Lunch: Salad of arugula and baby spinach, sweet potato, sun-dried tomatoes, cucumber and boiled eggs with a jalapeno lime dressing (no idea whats in it, def not compliant)

Well you’ll be doing an internet detox rather than a food detox B) stay calm and eat cheese!  Seriously I would love a full report of all the wonderful and even some of the not so wonderful cheeses you taste.  Sigh take me with you!  I love cheese even funky stinky cheese.  

I'm baaaaaaaack. Lovely weekend, I'm sunburned to hell, I have heartburn, I've got the food hangover from hell. It was fun, but I'm really looking forward to getting back on track. Stepped on the scale this morning and holy hell, I hope that's water weight. Oof.

Meal 1: Eggs n kraut

Meal 2: Coriander Beef Curry with Cauli rice

Meal 3: Steak, bakes sweet potato and broccolini. 

Just all very simple today.

Thanks!! OK today I AM back.

Last night I compounded the 'ok, back on track tomorrow' with ravioli and garlic bread. And chocolate. Ugh.

However, this morning I have resisted a huge and amazing looking breakfast buffet from a seminar, and am back on track. And staying that way!

Meal 1: Eggs n kraut

Meal 2: Coriander Beef Curry with Cauli rice

Meal 3: Fish from the market, grilled with sauteed broccolini, sweet potato wedges.  

Hoooooo boy. Here's a wake up. Went and got my blood test results yesterday.

Kidney function - great.

Liver - perfect (significant because I'm on medication which is high risk for liver issues, and 2 years ago they were high)

Blood count - perfect

Cholesterol - "Bad" is amazingly good - 3.9! "Good", also amazingly good - 1.6! Given I'm obese, these results are EXCELLENT!

BUUUUUUUT (almost as big as my butt) - Blood sugar (MMol/l)... 6.3 - anything over 5.7 is 'prediabetes'. Worse, I thought about it after and the blood was taken in my 3rd week of my last round, where I had had (of course) no sugar, no fruit, no white potatoes, sweet potatoes at 1 meal a day if that.

So that's pretty bad. It's been high-ish in the past, too but never over the 6. 

So I need to stop thinking of this in 30 day sets and in terms of "off" and "on". I need to get this weight off, and I need to really commit to a permanently good diet. My husband is type 1, so I'm very well versed in diabetes diets, and the fact that he eats better than me (when I make his food!) is crazy - why would I look after him BETTER than I look after me?

Anyway.

I'm working from home today and have a minor medical thing this afternoon, so I'm about to throw lamb shanks in the slow cooker. Mashed cauli on the side.

Meal 1 will be eggs n veg, lunch will be my curry. 

54 minutes ago, SchrodingersCat said:

So I need to stop thinking of this in 30 day sets and in terms of "off" and "on". I need to get this weight off, and I need to really commit to a permanently good diet. 

I am totally with you there.  Your blood work was so good!  I don't know much about blood sugar- you probably know more, but I wonder if it fluctuates based on other things or if it is only based on types of food we eat.  Hmm.  

I'm starting over when my next grocery delivery starts.  I'm not planning on going anywhere anytime soon!

Archived