Didn't kill anyone on Day 5

LO867

Success!

This morning I woke up tired but happy. Crazzzzzy!! I happily avoided leg cramps last night, but I think I was close to cramping when I woke up. Maybe I didn't cramp because I ate some sesame seeds on top of a banana earlier in the day! What's your secret to beating those leg cramps? I drank a ton of water today, salted my food, and had a few sesame seeds. No room in my tummy for a banana today. Also, my dream life has been vivid these past two nights, and usually I don't remember my dreams at all. It's pretty fun!

I was dragging much of the day today, but I'm tired of my leftovers...... so to pull myself out of the dumps I decided to make Curry Cauliflower Soup for dinner. I found the recipe on Pinterest in the Whole30 folder. Ooooo, that was perfect on this cold night. It's a keeper!

Afterwards I made a batch of mayo, and it turned out so good!!! I used Safflower oil since it was on sale, and I had read that it has a very light flavor. Ummmmm, now I understand why people talk about just eating it with a spoon. I might just make my own mayo for the rest of my life!!  My mayo history: I did the Whole30 four years ago, and tried making the mayonnaise about four times. I read all the tips and blogs and some people never have a problem, but mine never came out. Two days ago I tried again just to see what would happen, and it emulsified but I had made it with EVOO, and it tasted truly awful.... but I was encouraged since I finally made a halfway successful batch. Reluctantly, because I hate wasting food, I tossed the olive oil batch since I knew I'd never use it. I'm so glad I tried again with safflower oil! Yaaaayy!

So glad I didn't get angry at my friends or my favorite grocery store checker today! Time to drag myself to bed here soon.

LO

I swear by pickles or pickle juice to avoid cramps! Or you can take a magnesium supplement - just avoid non-compliant ingredients!

Curry cauli soup is the best!

If you're making mayo, you have to use light tasting olive oil, or it is foul. Avocado oil is good too. Safflower should only be used if its high oleic, the regular stuff shouldn't be used at home and only consumed out if there's not choice, it's a low quality oil. Home made mayo beats jarred stuff hands down!!

I checked for the high oleic before I bought the Safflower oil. (I love having a smart phone handy!)  Lesson learned with the EVOO. While I was making it, I wondered just how bad it could be!! :) 

I have compliant pickles in the fridge, so I'll have one even though it's kinda late. Those cramps are so strong they wake me up so I can rub my legs and take them for a walkabout. Disturbed sleep is the worst.

You are doing great!  In 2014, I was big into the making my own mayo, then making that into ranch dressing, etc.  I am slightly more lazy now 6 years later, although I do remember how heavenly it tasted.  I went for convenience and found the whole30 approved (expensive) mayo in my health food store.  Good luck on your next attempt at making it!  In the past I used bertolli extra light olive oil and it was amazing.  I used Melissa Joulwan's recipe that is still available online.  I googled it today just in case I change my mind about making it during my whole30.

Speaking of my whole30, you posted on my log that you were going to start the same day as me!  That is awesome, but unfortunately I never started :( so I am starting tomorrow.  Let's just say my house had been overrun with sweets and goodies and I had to wait until those disappeared.  Keeping my fingers crossed I can make it through the first couple of weeks at least!  That is the hardest part!

Archived