Scallops!

SarrizleP

Does anybody have an excellent (and easy!) scallop recipe that's Whole30? I am planning on cooking them tomorrow. I don't have any ghee so it would be in olive oil or coconut oil. Also, what sides are generally good with them? Sad to say but the only time I can think of eating them is in seafood alfredo, which is obviously out!

Thanks.

I enjoy bacon-wrapped scallops if you get the large ones. Just wrap each scallop with a half-slice of bacon, secure with a toothpick, and fry in a pan until just cooked through. Great with a big green salad.

Scallops are great in a stir-fry too, with a mound of broccoli, snow peas, carrots, and sweet pepper. I LOVE the stir-fry sauce from Well Fed, recipe here: http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/10/29/best-stir-fry-sauce-ever%e2%84%a2-for-real/

• 3 months later...

Scallops are one of my faves! I find them pretty tasty done simply. I lightly coat a pan with olive oil, and then let it heat up. I rinse the scallops, pat dry, and remove the "foot". Then I sear them on each side for about 90-100 seconds. Bit of salt on each, and you're good to go.

Archived