Help day24 and I'm about to quit!

Lou1205

So its day 24 of my first Whole30 (actually my first attempt was a year and a half ago but I only lasted 3 days that time so it doesn't count) and i can't imagine doing this for another week! I haven't had one single NSV which is very discouraging especially when I read through the list of potential NSVs. My energy levels fluctuate so much day to day. The one day I got up with energy i organized my two big projects that I've been meaning to do for a long time. The next day I could hardly get out of bed because i was so tired (at 10 am!). I've been super gassy the whole time and these last few days has been straight up diarrhea. My breath has gotten worse. The only "NSV" I've noticed is that my wedding ring got looser which then caused it to slip off and now its lost forever. Frankly I am kind of embarrassed since I talked the Whole30 up so much to everyone i spoke to about it and it turned out to be such a failure. If I step on the scale after putting myself through all this and find I haven't lost anything I will be terribly disappointed.  

That being said I am breastfeeding a 5 month old baby so I'm not sure if that would effect the results that much but I have managed to maintain my milk supply throughout.  I'm sure by the time anyone reads this it'll be too late since nobody ever responded to the last question I asked but I figure it's worth a shot.

• Moderators

I'm sorry no one got back to you on your previous question, and that you're not feeling so great.

As a breastfeeding mom, you should be eating more food than what is recommended for most people, like four full meals a day, or three full meals plus some mini-meals if that works better. The fact that you mention your breath being worse makes me wonder if perhaps you've gone a little too low in carbs. For most people, we recommend at least one fist-sized serving of starchy vegetable each day, but you might even need more than that. Starchy vegetables include root vegetables like potatoes, sweet potatoes, rutabagas, beets, turnips, carrots or parsnips,  winter squashes like butternut or acorn squash, or plantains. 

Be sure you're drinking plenty of water, salting your food, and adding a serving of fat or two at each meal in addition to whatever oil you cook in.

If you'd like more specific feedback, list a day or two of typical meals, including approximate portion sizes, and we can see if anything stands out.

I also talked this program up to everyone before I started and I am quite disappointed with the way I feel right now as well. I am on day 25 and I will finish, as I always go all in and evaluate something before I make judgement. This program so far has not helped me. I will do the reintroduction as listed in the book but if I have no improvement I will say, " well at least I tried it". My son is doing it with me and he feels the same as I although I have a host of auto immune conditions.

Archived