Food Dreams

AlyssaB

I'm on day 18 of my Whole30 and for the past week or so, I've been consistently dreaming about eating non-compliant food. I know this is normal and a part of the timeline, but when it's happening in my dream, I'm aware of it and feel guilty about it because I think I'm actually eating these foods and I don’t know why. The cravings don't bleed into real life (...except for my poppy seed bagel dream. I miss you, bagels) but feeling guilty while I'm asleep is weird. Does anyone have any experience with this? If so, how long have you dealt with these dreams for? Is sleep-guilt normal? 

I am on day 16 and I’ve had three dreams that I know of. I have felt guilty in the dreams and chewed up the food and asked myself if I should spit it out (all in my dream). I wake up and laugh and sometimes crave the foods I dreamt of.

I would tell yourself, “it’s ok that I’m having these dreams, I’m not doing anything bad.” As much as you need to tell yourself that. You’ve come so far and are digging so deep, it’s coming up in your dreams, that’s all.

When I had my first dream of digging around in a basket of candy to find sugary hearts, I actually laughed when I woke up bc I remembered reading about the dreams. I think it’s all par for the course.

Way to go on coming so far!!

Archived