Feb 1st start

nholdorf

Hi.  I am a newbie, too, and I'm on Day 13.  It's great that you are prepared.  I would make triple of everything so that all you have to do is heat something up when you are in need of something fast.  I love the "Whole30 Approved" section of this website (at the top of this page).  You can find some good sauces and other things to spice up your life.  One note:  Just because some of the items by the companies are approved, it does not mean that all of their products are approved.  You still need to carefully look at sugars and ingredients even if it says "Whole30 Approved" on the bottle or container.

On 2/1/2020 at 2:09 PM, Maria45 said:

Hi.  I am a newbie, too, and I'm on Day 13.  It's great that you are prepared.  I would make triple of everything so that all you have to do is heat something up when you are in need of something fast.  I love the "Whole30 Approved" section of this website (at the top of this page).  You can find some good sauces and other things to spice up your life.  One note:  Just because some of the items by the companies are approved, it does not mean that all of their products are approved.  You still need to carefully look at sugars and ingredients even if it says "Whole30 Approved" on the bottle or container.

Thank you for the advice.  Day 2 really gave me a horrible headache. 

I hope that your headache is gone!  That happens to me whenever I decide to give up coffee.  From what I've read about the Whole30, it's fairly common to feel worse before you feel better.  The headaches may come from giving up grains, I believe, but could be wrong.  Keep going and you will feel better!  Sending good wishes your way!!

Feb. 3, Day 3 is done. 

Simple food.

I had a sweet potato for breakfast!

Lunch was a compliant (but quick) mushroom soup. Sauté celery, carrots, onion, add chicken broth, bay leaf & thyme.

I licked a spoonful of sunflower butter for more protein.

For dinner, I made the W30 stuffed pepper recipe with avocado slices on the side. 
yummy.

It is bedtime and I’m having a caffeine free cup of tea.

I feel good.  Two walks in 50 degree sunshine helped!

Sounds great!  Keep making sure that you have protein, lots of veggies, and a healthy fat with every meal.  You mentioned sunflower butter.  May I also recommend cashew butter?  Artisana brand is just heavenly!  Actually, I had to give it up because it was so good that it felt like an after-dinner dessert to me even though the only ingredient is raw cashews.  Now I'm craving cashew nut butter and oat milk (Day 16).  Good job trying out new recipes!  Those will keep you from getting bored.  Keep walking, too, because that will help.  I'm glad that you have sunshine and 50 degrees.  We've had one of the longest streaks with no sun at all in the Chicago area.

On 2/3/2020 at 9:30 PM, 8uffy said:

Feb. 3, Day 3 is done. 

Simple food.

I had a sweet potato for breakfast!

Lunch was a compliant (but quick) mushroom soup. Sauté celery, carrots, onion, add chicken broth, bay leaf & thyme.

I licked a spoonful of sunflower butter for more protein.

For dinner, I made the W30 stuffed pepper recipe with avocado slices on the side. 
yummy.

It is bedtime and I’m having a caffeine free cup of tea.

I feel good.  Two walks in 50 degree sunshine helped!

Feb 4, Day 4

I’m sharing my food choices to give other newbies ideas.

menu

bkfst: 2 eggs with spinach sautéed with ghee  + half an avocado. cuppa black coffee

lunch: last of the homemade mushroom soup

snack: homemade kale chips with olive oil & brewer’s yeast

dinner: I made an entirely new recipe compliant by replacing wine with apple juice.  Sounds weird; pork tenderloin with green olives and prunes, but it was fabulous.  Mashed potatoes made with water & a tsp. of ghee completed my meal.

Also, I’m trying hard to remember to drink a glass of water nearly every waking hour.

NSV -  not constipated for the first time in a long while.

And my rings are spinning around on my fingers. I hope that means general inflammation is improving. I’m looking forward to seeing if my arthritis improves this month.

Archived