Emma' Whole 30 (February 1)


Emma

Recommended Posts

@Emma I’m so glad you are back too.  If trying to get some recipes together for the next day or two don’t.  Just toss compliant ingredients onto a plate and eat.  Your meal doesn’t have to be fancy or the perfect plate just eat compliant.  You are in pull yourself out of the ditch mode so as long as it’s compliant it will give you the ability to climb out and get back to enjoying finding and making amazing recipes.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Amy_Michigan said:

And why not weigh yourself since you are back to Day 1?  I always find that a big motivator...up to you, though.

Ha - I did! Ten pounds gained! It's got to be all bloated weight. I don't think I actually ate enough calories to gain ten pounds of real weight, though my skewed perspective imagines I did.

I just read back through my posts. Amy's digestive ills reminded me of mine on Saturday the 8th. Reading back, I slept poorly Friday night. I assumed it was caffeine or excited thoughts, but maybe it was an unhappy body fighting off something in the bowels of my bowels (haha). I also noticed that the foods I ate the following week were not the best for me. They were tasty and I was cooking, but they were not my go-to foods and I was really bloated and reacting to things (bloated from nuts perhaps, reacting to tomatoes).  Nothing in this is quick and easy and I'm glad I tried out the recipes and I'd make them again, but not just yet.

Last night, I woke up at three and couldn't fall back asleep till five. That's not my norm, but I did eat late last night. My mind kept swirling around work and all the things that stress me out. I was aware of this, but it took a move to the sofa and a book to regroup my brain. Thankfully, I did sleep some more and woke up on my own at 6:30. Oh crap! It's almost time for me to have to get up and rush to get out of the house on time. Bummer!!!

So...Day Two - Starting off with healthier foods working their way through my gut via yesterday, bloating in my gut and fingers and face (maybe salt from the coconut aminos last night, stress in my being, annoyance at things, stress over today....:) It's good I'm here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BabyBear said:

You are in pull yourself out of the ditch mode so as long as it’s compliant

I thought of you today, BabyBear! I was on my second beef stick, second lara bar, and so tempted to eat the chocolate bar in my pocket. It's soy free chocolate which I would eat when I was eating clean, but not officially Whole30. Sighing. I did want to eat it. 

But I didn't!

Day Two:

I cooked up the bok choy (that was still fresh looking!) with three eggs and an onion. I baked up slices of sweet potato. I got myself to bedtime.

I don't want to topple over again. It's so hard to get back here. It's easier to just persevere (also, easier said than done - obviously).

Today I saw a photo of me. I can look at the photo and see me. I can also appreciate how much more pleasant it is to look at a photo this year as opposed to last year where I weighed 50 plus pounds more. I've been feeling pretty good about my weight loss. It was substantial and I feel SO much better physically and mentally. I've been also aware that I've gained some weight again, and lost a bit, and gained a bit. I'm okay with it - the ebb and flow of things as I find my balance eating well. But, today looking at the photo, I saw myself thinking I don't look as thin as I perceive myself to be.  Last year I was aware that losing weight was going to positively impact all other areas of my life so I buckled down and focused. These days I am not as focused because I don't feel that sense of urgency. But looking at the photo, I saw that my body will be happier and healthier if my new set point is 20 pounds less. I've created a new set point (set zone) where I've been now for a couple months, but I think it's time to start thinking about a new one. But....this is all evening talk and it was only a wee bit ago that I was considering eating a chocolate bar. Ha. 

It's time for bed. Tomorrow the relatives come to visit and I have to put away laundry, change bedding, and clean the bathrooms in the morning. Bleh!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Emma said:I thought of you today, BabyBear! I was on my second beef stick, second lara bar, and so tempted to eat the chocolate bar in my pocket. It's soy free chocolate which I would eat when I was eating clean, but not officially Whole30. Sighing. I did want to eat it. 

But I didn't!

Great job resisting that temptation!  I don’t understand why it was in your pocket, though?  Haha.  

I need to be where you are... I need to lose a significant amount of weight to a point where I feel more comfortable doing day-to-day things.  My mid to late summer goal is to be down to 180.  I was comfortable with myself at that weight.  I was that weight in college, and probably in high school too.  When I was in my late twenties I lost weight down to 150, and I felt skinny.  I felt my pelvic bones sticking out a tiny bit when I laid on my back.  Maybe that was the reason I didn’t stay there very long- it felt so weird to me.  However, it was so great to feel lighter and stronger when I exercised, and my skin was healthy along with my body because I was eating clean.  Today’s culture of body positivity is great..it encourages us to feel more comfortable in our bodies.  I think it is a daily struggle for women, though, at whatever weight we are.  I just wanted to share a little and say I’m with ya.  I think I will feel the exact same way as you when I get down to my first goal weight. You have achieved so much!  You owe it to yourself not to lose traction for too long so you can keep that confidence you have!  You are making a great decision to keep going and reset your habits!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 1:47 PM, Amy_Michigan said:

I need to be where you are... I need to lose a significant amount of weight to a point where I feel more comfortable doing day-to-day things.  My mid to late summer goal is to be down to 180.  I was comfortable with myself at that weight.  I was that weight in college, and probably in high school too.  When I was in my late twenties I lost weight down to 150, and I felt skinny.  I felt my pelvic bones sticking out a tiny bit when I laid on my back.  Maybe that was the reason I didn’t stay there very long- it felt so weird to me.  However, it was so great to feel lighter and stronger when I exercised, and my skin was healthy along with my body because I was eating clean.  Today’s culture of body positivity is great..it encourages us to feel more comfortable in our bodies.  I think it is a daily struggle for women, though, at whatever weight we are.  I just wanted to share a little and say I’m with ya.  I think I will feel the exact same way as you when I get down to my first goal weight. You have achieved so much!  You owe it to yourself not to lose traction for too long so you can keep that confidence you have!  You are making a great decision to keep going and reset your habits!  

I loved reading this response from you. Weight is such a crazy isn't it - and the fact that it's such an issue for so many people. I do owe it to myself to not lose traction for too long - but it's sure hard to keep focused on that! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still here - not gone. Ate a HUGE wonderful lunch yesterday of cooked slaw, onions, eggs, and sausage. Ate almonds as snacks. Drank my water and my coffee. But at dinner time, with the relatives, we went out to a Mexican restaurant. I ordered carnitas so I had some good intentions, but I didn't really because I ate lots of tortilla chips and then I ate my rice and beans. I ate a LOT. Too much. I felt uncomfortably stuffed. Oh - and I had a beer. Geez - I didn't really go into that with any time of good plan at all!!! The beer was nice though because the weekend is annoying and stressful. I put my work on hold to be a guest (work that I procrastinate on already) and so I feel resentful or annoyed though I also know that it's not really fair. Still - last night when I was stuffed, I was bummed that I knew I wouldn't wake up as bright and ready to go as I did yesterday morning. And, that's what happened! My legs and arms fell asleep while I slept and I woke up to a numb foot. This happens when I've been eating well and then eat a meal high in salts - I assume it's the salt. Sighing - I guess I just need to test this out again and again and again till i realize the consequence isn't worth it.

Yesterday, I was aware that my mood had shifted and I was happier and feeling cleaner in my brain. Today, I'm a bit grumbly. Mood, Food. 

On good notes though, I have spent time this weekend reading instead of being on the computer and time in the mornings cuddling with my kids instead of leaving the house and going to the gym or work. I'd be happier in the short run with the gym and work getting done, but in the long run, the time on the sofa with my kids is far more important and valuable.

So....today is either a Day One or a Day Zero.  Obviously I'm not quite committed. I don't predict any major benders or huge forays into the world of crappy eating, but I'm not totally barring myself from a few stretches - like a healthy lunch or dinner that isn't 100% Whole 30 compliant.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.