Yes, First Day

Grant A

My doctors suggested I try Whole30. Today is my first day.  I am a lone wolf and have never used social media. I am all in. Thank you for sharing.

I need some people to help me to be accountable.  I don't think to eat, sometimes skip eating all day. When I am hunger, I just grab what is around. I have throw out all the garbage food. I am cooking food I love again, and making time for food. I ate once today and hope to be up to 3 meals a day soon. I am changing my entire life, going back to what works for me: Eating whole food; Exercising daily; and Sleeping correctly. No more skipping eating, and working out. No more 40 hour days.

Welcome Grant! I'm on day 8, and I've done a few w30s before (around one a year). I hear you about working up from one meal a day. For several months I was doing two meals a day, and it was a real transition to start eating breakfast again. There's lots of support here, so shout out if you have questions or challenges. Good luck!!

I am new to all this forum stuff and how to talk with others. I really appreciate the encouragement. I see lots of do the people that have already discovered how to do Whole30 or how to deal with the problems that not eating right causes. I am struggling with communication and there is so much information.

Is there a guide to how to take baby steps, this is my first forum.  Feeling sick has plagued me for the last 20 years so doing the Whole30 does not make me want to quit. The inability to use technology and remember how to do things. No one knows how sick I have been. I have learned to hide it very well. I was a Computer Consultant with my own company. Then I got a TBI from being without oxygen to long. I did not know I was married or my kids names, I had to relearn everything. I feel like Rip Van Winkle, I fell asleep and 20 years later, the world is so different, no one talks together, it's all in the TEXT. I love technology just have to get comfortable with it, I feel ancient in computer years. I feel like I am drowning in this ocean of information.

The biggest problem is schedule and routines, and yes using technology. LOL. Anyone with suggestions, please reply. 

I usually start with a search for "whole30 downloads" and print out all the rules, meal template, etc. and have them handy in my kitchen. I try to eat my meals around the same times every day, and the first few days I tend to eat similar things every day. I always have two cups of coffee in the morning with compliant almond milk -- I must have coffee in the morning! After I get through a few days, I start branching out with other ingredients. It helps me to have prepared vegetables in the fridge or freezer. Evenings are tough for me because I tend to get bored until bedtime. I have a list of movies to watch this time around, and I'm trying to read more everyday. Those two things have helped me in the evenings. Every morning when I get up, I know for sure that I'm getting through that day. I don't look beyond the day I'm currently doing, just focusing on the day at hand. Go for walks, meditate, try new things that are good for you! Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived