Start February 10th

MeredithM20

Hello!  I'm new to Whole30.  I will begin tomorrow and am busy prepping today.

I cleaned out the kitchen and made my meal plan for the week.  I'm off to the grocery this afternoon.

I'm very excited.  But looking for a Support Group.  My friends and family are tired of watching me try and not succeed.

But I'll use this forum for accountability.  I'm keeping a promise to MYSELF for the next 30 days!

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Hi @MeredithM20! Sounds like you are off to a great start! Having people around you to cheer you on, ask questions to, and hold you accountable will definitely and this Forum is a great place for all of those things!

What are you planning on having with the pork? Pork carnitas are my fave and can be used in so many ways! I make the meat and we use it throughout the week. It is a staple in our house for sure!

Cheers to Day One!

Would love to join this thread for support! Second time doing Whole30...first time wasn’t super successful bc I didn’t follow it 100% So now I’m trying again and committing to do better. Started Sunday, and am doing this to see if it will help with my anxiety. Getting off sugar, flour and alcohol I feel will help. 

Hi Terry!  I had the Pork over leafy greens with salsa and guacamole.  It was delicious.

Day 2 - I woke up not excited for the day....but made a cup of black coffee and some eggs (I miss cheese on my eggs).

Tonight I'm making Chicken Hash so I'll prep those ingredients during long conference calls!

bre2.jpg

Good morning @MeredithM20! Your dinner sounded delicious! I used to have to always have cheese on my eggs and now I honestly do not miss it! Cheese was something I learned after my first Whole30 that did not sit well with me. Since I used to eat for every meal, no wonder I had constant belly aches!

For breakfast, did you eat any veggies with your eggs? The Whole30 plate template is to start with 2/3 veggies on the plate and then add protein and a healthy fat.

Hope your day goes well!

19 hours ago, PattiS said:

Would love to join this thread for support! Second time doing Whole30...first time wasn’t super successful bc I didn’t follow it 100% So now I’m trying again and committing to do better. Started Sunday, and am doing this to see if it will help with my anxiety. Getting off sugar, flour and alcohol I feel will help. 

Hi Patti - yes, join me!  This is hard, lol not hard.  I’m hoping this helps my anxiety too.  But now that I’m drinking coffee black I feel like my anxiety is a little high these past two days....I need to dial back a bit!

4 hours ago, MeredithM20 said:

Terra - I had cheese on eggs, cheese on salads, cheese on everything.  I imagine cheese is what I’ll dream about when I get to that phase of the Whole30!

@MeredithM20 LOL! Yes, the dreams on Whole30 are so real! My first round I kept dreaming I was eating things not compliant, things I don't even like. I would wake up so worried it really happened. 

So the chicken hadn’t thawed in time for dinner so I made the stuffed peppers- bison, mushrooms, kale and sweet potato.  It was a little bland so I added a little Tessamae ranch dressing in top.

I’m  going to bed early tonight because if I stay up any longer I’m gonna drink the kids chocolate milk!

DB2BACB3-3C65-42F0-AF7D-4F62064CF59B.jpeg

I woke up feeling awful.  I have depression and anxiety which makes it hard to get out of bed some days.  Today is one of those days.

And I'm HANGRY!  Off to the kitchen to eat a leftover stuffed pepper with a fried egg on top.

I hope your day is off to a great start!

@MeredithM20  I’m so sorry that today is hard!  You will have some rough days ahead but I assure you there will be easier days even ones you genuinely find yourself smiling.  Just keep the right now present in front of you.  Every compliant bite, meal, day you have has already brought healing the your body mind and soul.  

9 hours ago, MeredithM20 said:

I woke up feeling awful.  I have depression and anxiety which makes it hard to get out of bed some days.  Today is one of those days.

And I'm HANGRY!  Off to the kitchen to eat a leftover stuffed pepper with a fried egg on top.

I hope your day is off to a great start!

Sorry your day started off that way @MeredithM20!I struggle with depression and anxiety and find that as I am detoxing I tend to fight those feelings. Once my body starts to balance back out, I typically experience less of these symptoms and more stable moods. 

Hope the rest of your day perked up!!

Sluggish all day.  Got home from work, put my pjs on and washed my face

i got to sit at the kitchen island and watch my husband cook us the ‘Chicken Hash’ for dinner.  We put some music on and talked and laughed.  Dinner was delicious.

We’re gonna watch a movie and then go to bed early!

i survived day 3.

BA77AE3A-B615-4FE7-954F-0839C1B179E2.jpeg

They weren’t kidding about “Kill All the Things!!!!”  I was in a BAD mood today. I did not want to deal with anyone (and when you are an elementary teacher you don’t really get to “have a bad day”). It was a challenge.

I also felt ‘empty’ today. Not sure what other word to use to describe the feeling. I am thinking that this may be my battling feeling that I don’t allow myself to feel but rather buffer with food/alcohol. I definitely felt it today.  I tried to notice it and sit with it for awhile. But I also got distracted today and ate some dried mango that I maybe didn’t need to have but because I felt so rushed and unable to find anything suitable to eat before rushing out to another event after a full day of work, I figured it was better than nothing. Came home and ate leftovers and am now ready to turn it in for the night.

For the first time since starting whole 30 on Sunday, I had doubts enter my mind today. Thinking I couldn’t do this, I’ll never make it. I really don’t want to give up on myself so I am not throwing in the towel yet. 
I am going to finish what I started.

Hang in there everyone!

@PattiS I know the battling feeling running through your head yesterday.  I get it to.  And I'm hoping the Whole30 will make it quieter.

You can make it!  You're on Day 4 right?  Just a couple more days.  And lets stick together cause I think it's going to get worse before it gets better.

My breakfast today:

Left over chicken hash topped with eggs and bacon.

Also - Have you Tried Everything But Bagel Seasoning yet?  If not get some!

b1.jpg

Happy Valentines Day!

Yesterday was tough but I stuck to plan.  

I survived my first work Happy Hour, I had a glass of water...no beer or apps.  I had to rush home to get kids to basketball practice so did not have time to stop and eat dinner.  (I'm use to eating dinner between 5-6).  I was famished so I grabbed an Apple Pie Lara Bar....It was good, my first time trying one.

I had prepped marinade and veggies the day before so my husband put it all together and had Chimchurri Beef Kabobs on the table when I got home at 8.  They were okay, probably not a recipe I would repeat.

Day 5 is off to a good start...I'll post an update on V-Day dinner tonight.  I DID NOT EAT CHOCOLATE this morning!  

I had some huge NSV’s today.

Lunch with hubby at a restaurant..:I asked the server how food was prepared and what ingredients were.

Dinner with family I ordered a big Greek salad, hold the feta and added salmon.  When the salad arrived with fresh pita bread I immediately removed the bread from the bowl and asked the waitress to take it away!

I nailed Day 5!

i have my meal plan made for days 6-10 along with grocery list for tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, MeredithM20 said:

I had some huge NSV’s today.

Lunch with hubby at a restaurant..:I asked the server how food was prepared and what ingredients were.

Dinner with family I ordered a big Greek salad, hold the feta and added salmon.  When the salad arrived with fresh pita bread I immediately removed the bread from the bowl and asked the waitress to take it away!

I nailed Day 5!

i have my meal plan made for days 6-10 along with grocery list for tomorrow morning.

Fantastic Day!

I'm so excited to see this thread of fellow Feb.10 starters!! Especially because I already relate to MeredithM20 & PettiS. I have depression & awful anxiety, as well as an autoimmune illness (Hashimoto's). I too have the tendency to start something but not follow thru. This time I feel different...better...more committed. I desperately want to feel better. So great job ladies, for making it to day 6!! For me thats huge! I just keep telling myself, "Its only for a month" & it makes it a lot less overwhelming for me. Who knows what will happen after the month? I'm hoping for a new way of thinking about food & not reverting to my old habits, but for now only committing to a month is helping. Hang in there ladies! This is totally doable!

@LilliMarlene  NSV is Non-Scale Victory... in the Whole30 you're not supposed to get on the scale.  Which I think is completely freeing!  So keep track of NSV's.

THE KATT for me was day 3.  

@beachbaby Making it through Day 6 was HUGE for me too!  Instead of saying 30 days now I can say 23 days!  And I don't need said it over and over again, like I did the first few days, because I am enjoying the journey.  

I did purchase the Whole 30 book and Day by Day book (total $40 at Target) and I'm so glad I did.  I re-read the book alot and it has also taught me in a week to be confident in the kitchen.  The meals have been terrific!!!  It's the best 'Diet' book I've purchased, everything is easy to understand.  And no crazy ingredients.

I'm a busy working momma and have spent probably 2-3 hours each day in the kitchen...but it's time my butt would have spent watching Netflix.  I've found putting on some music and La Croix in a wine glass makes the Kitchen time 'My Time' and it's fun.

I have also bought some 'Whole30' approved sauces at Kroger/Target to save me some time.  They all taste a little different than you would expect, but they help.  They're also aren't cheap...but I remind myself how much I'm saving on McDonalds Drive Thru, Starbucks and my nightly bottle of wine (Yes I said it)

Here's a pic of my faves:

1 pic.jpg

pic2.jpg

Archived