Start February 10th

MeredithM20

We took a family trip to the mall today. I never go to the mall but needed a new pair of jeans.  I DROPPED A SIZE!  I couldn’t believe it!

And I had major ‘sight cravings’. Dublin Donuts, little Caesars, Menchies, Diet Coke.  But I didn’t cave!  I got a bottle of water.  I wasn’t even hungry, it was different not giving in to every impulse.  The foods I was craving are not good for me.  

So this past weekend wasn't good.  I need to restart today.  Oh well. Back to Day 1! 

I'm not totally upset that I have to restart.  I needed to have Valentine's weekend with my husband and family and not stressing over eating worked.  I may actually give myself one more day and restart tomorrow.  

Question: besides eggs, what types of things can I eat for breakfast on the run?  I know Larabars and Rx bars aren't ideal, but honestly it's really hard for me to make eggs every morning.  Do you think it's okay to throw in those bars as options with a piece of fruit?  Sometimes my "rule following" issues get in the way of success I swear!

@PattiS  I'm glad that rather than quitting you are starting again!  I can honestly say they if it weren't for planning meals (4 days at a time) I haven't stressed about food. I have seen food and said 'I want that', but I reminded myself why I started.  And it's only 30 days.

I make enough food at dinner so I'll have leftovers for breakfast.  I do like to fry one egg to put on top of the leftovers.  Frying one egg takes 2 minutes.  I know enjoy having some meat, sweet potatoes and kale for breakfast! 

I am actually enjoying the journey too! I really can't believe I'm saying that! Day 8 was a rough day for me energy-wise. Totally devoid of energy. But I think it may have to do with decreasing my omeprazole (in the process of weaning off for good) more than the program. I'm so excited to be on day 9! Thank you @MeredithM20 for posting pictures of the products you found. I will try some of them. 

Oh my goodness @MeredithM20 I had the same feeling a few times today. I went from feeling like "woo hoo day 9!!" to "its ONLY day 9..." in a matter of hours today! The book does say that days 10 & 11 are the hardest, we're just a little early. My friend gave me a recipe book for martinis tonight & it killed me to not rush home & try one out. But instead I had some blackberry Bubly in a wine glass. Pat yourself on the back for not stopping at McDs! I highlighted the mini "pep-talk" on pg 12 of the Whole30 book to help on days like today. Really, 9 days is a huge accomplishment! Maybe 2 more tough days ahead, but we'll be in double digit days, one day closer to the end... Hang in there!! We got this!

@MeredithM20  why are you bored?  Is it lack of variety in food? Lack of engaging interest beyond food?  Has your social engagements taken a hit during your whole 30. I encourage you to really sit in the boredom and ask yourself questions and unpack what is really being said... then see if there is something you can do to alleviate the boredom without sacrificing the 9 days you’ve already invested into your whole 30.

an example was for me I was day dreaming about the food I couldn’t have, so I decided instead of focusing on foods I couldn’t have I would research new whole 30 recipes and make a plan to work those into our menu.  

This experiment with food is so about so much more than just food if we give ourselves the time and space to really explore ourself and our relationship with food.  I do hope you find the root of your boredom and you are able to come up with creative means to fill that hole for the remainder of your whole 30

DAY 12 OVER!

Wow!  This week flew by.  I have stayed on plan simply because I was too busy at work to quit.

My husband has also been great about cooking dinners (he's doing this with me).

Tonight was my night to cook, I made the burger recipe from the Whole30, put it on a wedge salad and drizzled some Whole30 approved BBQ on top.

Was more pleasing to the eye and I'm sure tastier than the Kid's McDonalds Happy Meals.  I had no craving for the Shamrock shake my daughter enjoyed.

p1.jpg

So I spent the last two days in a Training Class for work.  I can honestly say that since getting past the first week of Whole30 I can concentrate better and my memory has improved.  I passed my certification exam!  I wanted to celebrate with Champagne...instead I had a bubble bath.

I'm tired of the same food -> Eggs, meat, veggies, sweet potatoes.  My husband made the menu for the next five days with new recipes he found off pinterest..Hamburger Soup anyone?  I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh nice!! A bubblebath! What a great way to celebrate passing your exam. (Congratulations! ) I feel the same way about the same foods, including avocados now. I've been trying different recipes too & started following the official Whole30 recipes on Instagram. Also following "everylastbite" on Instagram. Last night made her Chicken Pot Pie Soup & my husband & I were BLOWN AWAY!! And tonight the leftovers were even better! Can't wait to try more of her recipes. I highly recommend....

Archived