B: chicken apple sausage, celery with almond butter
L: eggs and avocado
D: ground beef, peppers and onion for lettuce tacos
(Some snacking: dried fruit, nuts)

Day 17:
B: eggs with salsa and avocado
L: random...turkey, spinach, cucumber, banana, pecans
D: spinach salad with chicken, avocado, tomato, carrot

I am starting to feel good and healthy again...I think the slip up didn't have too much of an impact, and I do plan to extend a couple days and do a strategic reintroduction in another couple weeks. I am having a little bit of the feeling I had at the start of this, like I spend too much time and energy thinking about food, but I think I just need to settle back in to my routine for another day or two. 

Day 18. I'm getting a cold and sore throat and would love to have some honey in my tea, but otherwise falling back into an easier routine finally. I think I need bigger lunches to avoid wanting to graze, so I'll keep that in mind tomorrow. 

B: Sausage and eggs; orange.
L: Sweet potato and shredded chicken; avocado.
D: Chicken and cauliflower meatballs; green beans and extra cauliflower; W30 tomato sauce.  

Day 19. Not feeling great but am feeling the benefits of eating well. I thought we'd put in our time for cold season this year, but our streak continues...I think someone in the house has been less than 100% every week of 2020. It has to end soon, right? Anyway, I think the Whole30 is going well. I wish I had more energy to be more creative with my meals, but I am thankful to be home with a variety of foods to choose from at least.

B: Eggs with spinach and avocado
L: Sweet potato and chicken apple sausage
D: Steak salad with salsa, avocado, cilantro  

Day 20. Today was a good day. I got some extra rest, and it is feeling good to eat healthy food.  I'm starting to think ahead to how to reintroduce foods in another 10 days, which feels a little daunting at this point. I think it will help to do some planning on this and be very strategic.  

B: Eggs with sausage, mushrooms and spinach.
L: Salad with tomato, avocado, shredded chicken and balsamic vinaigrette.
D: Salmon and butternut squash soup with pecans; apple.

Have you read Food Freedoms Forever book?  I found very useful as I began to prepare for my reintro and beyond.  

20 days down 1/3 of the way there!  You are doing great!  I’m so excited for you!  What are you looking forward to reintroducing?  Which food has you feeling a little anxious?

5 hours ago, BabyBear said:

Have you read Food Freedoms Forever book?  I found very useful as I began to prepare for my reintro and beyond.  

20 days down 1/3 of the way there!  You are doing great!  I’m so excited for you!  What are you looking forward to reintroducing?  Which food has you feeling a little anxious?

Thank you. I have Food Freedom Forever but haven't read it  yet...hoping to start it today! 

I am most looking forward to more flexibility, but I feel like that's the hard part since a lot of flexibility comes from not having to think too hard about what's in food when I'm away from home. I'm anxious about sugar, since that's always been my weakness...though strangely, I don't miss it that much at this point. I think there's a lot of habit/comfort that is tied up in that, and I'm worried about slipping back to my old ways. But i really think that's just a case for waiting longer to reintroduce, as I suspect I'll think about it less as I reintegrate other foods.

So I'm looking forward to oatmeal, which I often eat with peanut butter...so I guess peanut butter, though I'm pretty sure I'd be just as happy with almond butter in there, and bread/toast. Maybe also dairy, just because I really don't love eating this much meat and it is a nice way to round out salads and it's more efficient to just use the milk we already have for soups, etc.....but I suspect dairy is one of the foods I have a harder time with, so I want to be slow and deliberate with that one. Real milk in my coffee or tea first, then cheese...we'll see.  

Thanks for suggesting the book...I am going to move that up my list and think this through a little more. 

Happy Day 30 everyone! 

My break from logging was just from a sense of overwhelm with life, but this experiment has continued and gone pretty well. I'm working my way through Food Freedom Forever and thinking I will continue to benefit from following some of the program rules. I'm not sure I'm ready to be without guidelines. But, I'm looking forward to a slightly less meat-heavy diet, and more flexibility, so we'll see how that works out. 

Archived