Sick W/ Virus on Day 30...

CTDoesWhole30

Hi there! I absolutely loved the whole30 plan. My day 30 was this past Tuesday and unfortunately when the clock struck midnight I came down with an awful stomach virus. I pretty much tried to stay true to the whole30 while recovering - unsweetened apple sauce, bananas, almond butter - but I also had some rice cakes, pedialyte and corn tortillas just to give my system something to get nutrients back in. No awful affects from these and I’m feeling much better now 5 day later. I just don’t know what do to for incorporating food groups back in? Or should I go back on whole 30? For how long...? Lots of questions I know. Hoping to find some answers. Thank you

If you're not feeling awful effects, I'd say to go with the idea of just following Whole30 for a few days before reintroducing a single food group for testing purposes. This will give time for any residuals to leave your system and for any delayed effects to occur. If you're not totally wrecked by the deviation, though, I wouldn't see a need for another 30 days before reintroduction at this point. Personally, I'd still do a "real" reintro test for the food groups consumed while ill, but that's ultimately your call :) 

Archived