Recommended Posts

Hey guys, I'm currently in the reintroduction phase of my whole30. Yesterday I reintroduced dairy. I consumed both lactose containing and non lactose containing dairy.  Although I did have a couple of physical symptoms, my primary reaction was psychological. I felt anxious the entire day and I experienced insomnia. Has anyone else had some mental side effects during their reintroduction? I looked it up this morning, and was surprised to see that it is a documented side effect for some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SarahsvatiBlue said:

Hey guys, I'm currently in the reintroduction phase of my whole30. Yesterday I reintroduced dairy. I consumed both lactose containing and non lactose containing dairy.  Although I did have a couple of physical symptoms, my primary reaction was psychological. I felt anxious the entire day and I experienced insomnia. Has anyone else had some mental side effects during their reintroduction? I looked it up this morning, and was surprised to see that it is a documented side effect for some.

Anxiety and insomnia are definitely side effects people can experience from foods/drinks. I sure do!! For me, sugar and alcohol are two items that cause my anxiety to go through the roof and prevent me from sleeping well. In fact, insomnia was a big reason why I started Whole30. I thought I was not sleeping from stress and it turns out it was the wine!

Sorry that was your experience, too! 

Go back to eating Whole30 a few days until you feel back to normal before you introduce anything else. When ready to reintroduce again, you could do the items you tried today one at a time to pinpoint which is causing the issue. Try one of the items and then wait a few days again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Terra Milliken said:

Anxiety and insomnia are definitely side effects people can experience from foods/drinks. I sure do!! For me, sugar and alcohol are two items that cause my anxiety to go through the roof and prevent me from sleeping well. In fact, insomnia was a big reason why I started Whole30. I thought I was not sleeping from stress and it turns out it was the wine!

Sorry that was your experience, too! 

Go back to eating Whole30 a few days until you feel back to normal before you introduce anything else. When ready to reintroduce again, you could do the items you tried today one at a time to pinpoint which is causing the issue. Try one of the items and then wait a few days again. 

OMG me too, wine anxiety is horrific!! Here I was, thinking a glass or 2 of wine would relax me and help me sleep, when it was the wine causing the anxiety in the first place. I sleep like the dead on W30!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SchrodingersCat said:

OMG me too, wine anxiety is horrific!! Here I was, thinking a glass or 2 of wine would relax me and help me sleep, when it was the wine causing the anxiety in the first place. I sleep like the dead on W30!

I had no idea it was the wine and that it could make me feel so anxious!!! When I found that out I was so happy/sad! LOL Great to have the knowledge, but sad it was the wine!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now