LadyWolf's Whole 30 Log 2020

LadyWolf0926

Here we go!! Went through R1 last August, did great, love the program and completed "slow roll" reintroduction after the holidays. Had amazing results, terrific NSV's and, frankly, was a little scared of reintroduction. What we found out is that my dietary lifestyle changes will have to incorporate Whole 30 rules most of the time.  I'm actually very okay with that.

Reintroduction was a huge eye opener as to what was wreaking havoc on my body and causing systemic inflammation. Through trial and error, we reintroduced foods individually and then in combinations. Some were so bad, I ended up in bed or couldn't leave the house. Dairy ended up sending me to the doctor. All these things for decades had been upsetting my system, and I just chalked it up to "normal". It's not. And I feel it all over. I ache, I'm exhausted, I'm stressed, I'm bloated, I'm not sleeping well....etc etc etc. I'm craving my "tiger blood"; I need my 7+ hours of sleep again.

So my son and I are going full reset beginning Monday, and I am so ready. Food prep and shopping lists have begun. Can't wait to begin again! :wub:

R2D1:  First day back, and from the word "go", it seemed like everything threatened to derail my restart. I forgot to thaw the chorizo I made for breakfast, I accidentally left the london broil on the counter overnight and then the refrigerator decided to leak water all over the kitchen. Twice. I still had lunches to pack to get the family out of the house, and my meetings were supposed to start at 10 AM. I honestly thought about putting off my restart another day, but I sucked it up, got my husband to help and by 8:30, everything was mostly back in hand. I'm happy I stuck to my guns, and in spite of being completely annoyed the whole day, I feel like at least one thing (my Whole 30) went very right today.

M1: Smoked pork butt with 2 eggs and Primal Kitchen BBQ sauce; black coffee

M2: Shredded "taco" chicken with cauliflower rice; 2 tangerines

M3: Tuscan balsamic chicken; ghee roasted carrots; zucchini and yellow squash saute

9 hours ago, BabyBear said:

Your M3 sounds delish!  Great job getting Day 1 in the books.  That is the hardest day... it’s so much easier to say I’ll start tomorrow.  Way to win in the face of adversity. 

Thanks! M3 really was! Here the chicken recipe https://pin.it/XX65LKYQAM7AWW

I made sure the balsamic vinegar was compliant. Super easy and family gave it two thumbs up! M1 and M2 were technically compliant but definitely not to template. Sort of a mish-mash of what I could put my hands on that didn't knock me off course, and since my first round, I have compliant meals often. Thank goodness for leftovers:D!

R2D2: :lol: Good day today! Much better and the refrigerator is fixed. Yay! I'm starting to get sluggish, so I know I'm on the right track. Slept really well last night, so I'm hoping I can get back to sleeping soundly (consistently) like I was during R1 soon! Fingers crossed! Meetings tomorrow, so I've got my meals planned and ready to go. So easy to get knocked off track with all the traveling right now. And cravings have kicked in, so I'm battling that. 

My son is hanging in there and doing pretty well. He started getting headaches today, and we're working through that. Gave him some of my Chomps sticks to give him a compliant snack that helps keep him away from the cookies and chips at his office or the snack machines in between classes. He's feeling very tired too.

M1: Chorizo omelette; strawberries; black coffee

M2: Baked chicken wings with lemon pepper seasoning; green beans sauteed with ghee and paleo powder; tangerines

M3: grilled strip steak; ghee roasted potatoes; zucchini and yellow squash saute; tangerine

R2D3: Three days down, twenty-eight to go **insert sarcastic two thumbs up**.

My son has hit the KATT phase a little early, so he's a 'gem' to be around :wacko: I'm feeling a little grumpy myself, but that could also be work stress. I'm such an emotional eater that sticking to W30 right now is just so freaking hard with all the external stress.

Meal planning and prep is crucial to my success, and I'm slipping a little more than I'd like in that area right now. I'd planned to do more food prep this afternoon when I got home from work, but I was so tired that I just fell asleep when I sat down. Thank goodness I'd gotten dinner prepped and ready. I have more work tonight and more mid-day meetings tomorrow. My boss (bless his heart) is trying to minimize my level of bombardment, but there's still so much to do. Good thing is I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and if I can just push thru these next two weeks, it should start letting up. In the meantime, back to work I go <_<

M1: chorizo con papas omelette; strawberries; black coffee

M2: herbed cross rib roast; zucchini and yellow squash saute; mandarins

Snack: Chomps stick

M3: Korean grilled pork chops (no soy); ghee roasted carrots; mandarin

On 3/4/2020 at 8:12 PM, LadyWolf0926 said:

Good thing is I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and if I can just push thru these next two weeks, it should start letting up. In the meantime, back to work I go <_<

Yes! Meal prep is the absolute hardest part about starting the whole30 in my opinion.   There are times I want to cook, and many many more times when I look through my cupboards as a habit to try to find something whole30 compliant.  My last round I ate the last few boxes of raisins.  Now there is nothing “snacky ” left except stuff in the fridge like fruits and vegetables, which makes it easier to eat only at meals.  Anyway, good luck - hang in there!  Look up old whole30 recipes you loved last round if you need inspiration!  Or search for new ones!  

Archived