Sign in to follow this  
LilliMarlene

Mayo recipe - with garlic?

I always used mustard powder for my mayo, not prepared mustard. I'm not sure if that helps or not. I also routinely added some zest in the form of 1/2 tsp garlic powder and a dash or two of black pepper. If I was making it for a specific reason, I might add more garlic or pull in other herbs/spices as well... but if using it for a dressing, I'd make my usual mayo, then tweak a portion of it for the dressing.

To make mine, I sort of combined the ingredients from this recipe and the method from this one. Once it was made, I just tasted and added stuff (keeping track of what and how much) until it was something I'd enjoy (I typically despise mayo). The next time I made it, those tweaks were put in as part of my base before I blended anything.

All that said, though, there's also this Caesar dressing recipe that specifies mustard powder in the ingredients (as opposed to the one I found that calls for Dijon), so maybe that'll give you something to work from/with.

Good luck :) 

This made me hungry, I love making caesar salad and one thing I always made sure is I've saved self-made mustard with garlic on my fridge the night before. :)

You can really add pretty much anything to a homemade mayo. Just add it and blend again. Done.

For a Caesar salad dressing, this is what I would do:
Make your own homemade mayo, the usual way.
Add a little bit more oil afterwards (you don't want it as thick as a mayo), one garlic clove, 2-3 anchovies, and a teaspoon of mustard (I prefer Dijon, but you can use whatever you like or have at han). Also add salt, pepper & lemon juice to taste.
And blend again.