Whole30+AIP supplementary

Markéta Kuncová

Hi!

I am doing Whole30 aip version and I didn’t really find a links for a supplementary so I went to the CVS and bought some. I would like to make sure if anybody knows those ingredients are OK. I looked and tried to buy AIP Safe but I would appreciate if somebody knows for sure. I am in my 10th day and don’t want to start over because of one pill. Thank you!

Melatonin: Dicalcium Phosphate, Vegetable Cellulose, <2% of: Natural Palm Leaf Glace, Silica, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate ( nightshades in vegetables concerns me)

Fish oil: Gelatin, Vegetable glycerin, mixed natural tocopherois ( Herr concerns me vegetable glycerin 1. Because of nighshades and 2. Because of glycerin)

Woman’s daily multivitamin where is E as dl- Alpha tocopheryl acetate (I Heard- vitamin E sometimes has sugar in it)

Its very confusing because AIP recommends using supplements but it’s hard to find a complaint one. Oslo if somebody can recommend a safe magnesium I would be more than happy ! 

• Moderators

Glycerin is a sneaky sugar so that wouldn't be allowed.  If the Vitamin E has sugar, it would need to be listed as that would be an additive to the vitamin.  As far as whether or not they are AIP is a personal issue and not one that would create a requirement to start Whole30 over.  We don't have additional rules for AIP sensitive or FODMAP sensitive programs - it becomes the person's personal consideration as to whether or not they want to consume those items.

The other thing to remember is that the program is only 30 days so if you're especially concerned, I would just leave off the supplements until after.  30 days with or without supplements is usually not going to be super impactful when you're also eating a varied whole food diet.

Archived