Clarification of days in between reintroduction days

JulieKenny

I have been following Melissa's recommendations for reintroduction and returning to Whole 30 compliant meals for TWO days in between reintroducing different food groups. An administrator in a Whole 30 Facebook support group has just stated reactions to foods actually take 5-7 days to show. Which means that the reactions I am having could be from a group that I tested a full week ago or the food group tested half a week ago or the group I tested yesterday. This conflicting information is confusing to say the least. And distressing to me. Please clarify reintroduction for me. Wait two days in between or a full week?

• Moderators

The official recommendation is two days. 

There are no official whole30 Facebook groups, so when something is said in a fb group that differs from what you read in the whole30 books or the official whole30.com website, go with the books or website. 

Having said that, if you feel that adding more days between reintroductions might be helpful for you, you can certainly do that. You could ask the administrator of the group to link you to sources for that information, and if those sources seem credible to you, you might choose to follow them, and that is fine. But the official stance is two days between.

She actually closed off the thread to comments after I questioned her and told her the conflicting information is far from helpful. It's confusing the issue. Thank you. I should know better than to trust someone who feels they're an expert. I needed this clarified. I was so distressed thinking my results and reactions would be skewed. Hearing this conflicting information had me feeling I wasted so much time and messed up the most important part, reintroduction. Thanks. So glad I came here to ask.

Archived