Digestive issues the whole time

Zoek

Hi guys! 
I'm needing some help! I am on day 12 now and I have had issues since the very first day.
Prior to whole 30, I was very mindful of what I was eating. I was pretty much vegetarian but since I live in Japan, I did eat seafood and fish. Ate tons of veggies, soy products, and almost no gluten ( I realized I did have some in my nutritional yeast and barley in a brown rice that we make often ) and no dairy. I used to have chronic constipation and I wanted to give whole30 a go since I'm a health coach and might recommend an elimination diet for my clients.

However, since day 1, I've been experiencing diarrhea and pretty bad cramping + bloating. I had breakouts the first week but now its stabilized. I am generally eating for any meal : Lots of leafy greens, avocado, chicken, fish, cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potatoes, mushroom, pumpkin, leek, carrots. I did eat eggs the first few days but cut them out thinking they might be causing it. 

I've stopped drinking coffee because it made the matter worse so I stick to green tea. And I am taking probiotics+prebiotics daily in an attempt to balance my microbiome. I am also taking daily supplements of omega-3, Vit D. 

I guess I'm looking for insights from you guys. Could it be that I was intolerant to soy products and my liver finally has a change to cleanse itself? 

Thank you! 

• 4 weeks later...

So I am on Day 30 and have felt really good throughout it except thatI have had digestive issues since about Day 5. It is a a little frustrating because this is a big part of why I decided to do the Whole 30. I would have frequent loose stools and could be bloated and gaseous at times (although a probiotic did help significantly). But ever since Day 5 I have pretty much had diarrhea/loose stools every day. At first I thought it was from the increase in vegetables and fruits. I then ran out of my probiotic and it took about a week and half to get it shipped to me (thanks Covid 19!!). Have now been back on the probiotic for about 2 weeks and no difference. As far as my diet I have been eating a pretty good variety of foods. Maybe a little more eggs than I used to but nothing crazy. Trying to rotate my protein and vegetable/fruit choices. So unclear what could be causing it.

I am not sure how to proceed with my reintroduction that I can start tomorrow if I am still having these symptoms?? What foods might be better to start with? Keep doing Whole 30 longer?  Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. 

Not an expert but if you are having trouble with Whole30 probably next step is to make the AIP modifications, and if those don’t work perhaps try a week without a specific food item and just cycle through.  

The last thing I would do though is throw in the towel, W30 is an elimination diet but if something is still troubling you keep experimenting till you figure out what it is.  

I’m a little lucky I guess, I’ve been able to eat just about anything without substantial side effects and W30 is no different other than the sugar withdrawal I went through the last two days or so.

Hope things get better soon for both of you and that you get a better answer too ;).

I was journaling and linked my bloating /cramping / GI issues to certain veggies (broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussel sprouts) , and realized I can only have a large salad every other day. 

Once I limited my salad intake, and eliminated the above veggies I listed ... almost all of my GI issues are gone. I realized I cannot have them raw or cooked. 

Archived