healthcoachisin

healthcoachisin

I'm starting the Whole30 tomorrow and I was wondering if vegetable glycerin is allowed? I'm thinking not, for it is an alternative sugar, but just checking for it is in some herbal extracts I take? And I was also wondering about lamb or veal? I couldn't see either on the shopping list. Thanks

• Moderators

All kinds of sneaky sugars are out for the duration of the Whole30.  As far as lamb or veal, yes, any protein is allowed, we couldn't list every single one but if it's a single ingredient animal protein, then you're good to go.

I think I'm finally getting it together to start tomorrow. Just wondering when the meal planning page suggests occasionally adding fruit, I'm assuming that's not everyday lol. I love my fruit, but it's also sugar so I need to be careful of that. So what would be a typical week of a serving of fruit? One? Two? Three times a week?  Thank you

• Moderators

The recommendation for fruit is not more than two servings a day, always with a meal not on its own. That said, you can limit it more if you prefer. Some people find cutting fruit out completely for the first week or two helps them get past cravings for sweets more quickly.

Archived