Whole30 April 13

Lazyowl

Hi.

i am starting Whole 30 for the second time on Monday April 13th with 2 friends. We are all excited and send best wishes to everyone who is also starting. This plan really works!  You will feel amazing real soon. Let’s do this together!

This was my Day 1. Feeling pretty ok about it. My husband is the "cook" of the family so while he is not joining me in the experiment, he is supporting me. We are having a lot of "now what is on the NO list again" conversations. I think my big challenges will be chocolate and cheese. I'm looking forward to what I learn about myself.

Hi everyone! I also started yesterday and look forward to joining you on this journey! This will be my fifth round. 

I'm doing this because I have a vision of myself that is not aligned with how I take care of myself. I love the outdoors more than any other space. Mother Nature is my passion, my joy, my serenity, my solace, my teacher, and my example. And yet my health and my fitness are not representative of the outdoor woman I imagine myself to be. So this round is about becoming the woman I hold in my heart. 

What are your reasons for doing this? I wish you all the very best! 

I'm on Day 6 today - I did a Whole30-ish last summer but this will be my first round really adhering to the rules and doing the reintroduction correctly. My sugar addiction has been terrible lately so I'm most hoping to get that under control. So far, the first 6 days haven't been too challenging. I hope that continues! It's nice to have a community on the same journey to share with. :)

9 hours ago, kirbz said:

What are your reasons for doing this? I wish you all the very best! 

Similar rationale to you, I haven’t been executing well in terms of taking care of myself (diet, exercise, etc) and since roughly middle of February I have been trying to improve my life and when I realized there were at least 30 days of near complete isolation, W30 here we go!

In my case didn’t start yesterday, rather 13 days before and made it through the hard part of ugly sugar withdrawal.

The awkward part will be a pair of trips to Houston, one for a walkthrough and the second to close on the new place.  I think I have a plan for the second one, but the one day trip could be messy.

I suppose starting 30 days again wouldn’t be the end of the world now that I know what’s up, and was thinking I would be going at least 45 anyway.

My main goal is to get my chronic pain and inflammation under control. I felt so good after my first round in January, but unfortunately bad food choices triggered the sugar dragon and I fell off the wagon. But I’m ready to start over :).
Today is day three and I’m having carb flu symptoms . In my first round the days 3-5 were the hardest. 

Started yesterday, today is my day 2 so I seem to be a day behind everyone.  Doing the whole 30 because being at home with a strained tendon, I cannot do my regular intense activities so I’ve been home eating, drinking and now I feel lousy. Doing this to detox my body and getting back to a place of control and health. 

Archived