Kia Ora from New Zealand!

LoloKakapo

Hello all - I'm Lorna, mental health nurse living in Palmerston North, NZ, brand new to the Whole30 life and excited to change my eating habits for the better!

My main motivation is to improve my fertility. My husband and I are currently undergoing early fertility treatment; I have PCOS and after three years of trying, one miscarriage and a lot of frustration we're now trying a new drug which we're hoping will get the results we're after. Knowing how PCOS is related to inflammation I've started the Whole30 to give us the best chance of success. I also need to lose weight as if we need to move on to IVF, I'm currently 5kg too heavy to be eligible for funding; and while I know the Whole30 isn't focused on weight loss it's definitely a side effect I'm hoping to cash in on!

I'm now on day 5 and feeling pretty good (yesterday the 'kill all the things' mood kicked in with a vengeance but that seems to have eased). Hoping to connect with some like-minded souls here to help me keep on track through the tough times. Kia kaha! xx

Archived