Day 23- help! accidental slip up :(

Hi! I was on day 23 of my whole30 and have been compliant the entire time. I have been super diligent about reading my ingredients, making my own condiments, etc etc. A few friends of mine decided to start it themselves and asked me a question on their coffee which raised a concern for the coffee I had been drinking. I realized mine had "natural and artificial flavor" listed in the ingredients which is not compliant. My normal coffee shop is closed due to Covid and this was a store bought reserve, It never occurred to me to check the ingredients because I thought coffee was coffee. I am VERY upset and wondering if I need to start over? I read through my book and other posts on the forum but those were slips ups pertaining to soy or gluten which I know have more detrimental effects. I probably have had 3-4 cups of this coffee over the course of the last few days. Prior to this, I also was thinking about extending to a whole45- do I proceed with that path or do I need to completely start over? Please help!! 

• Moderators

Natural and artificial flavors are not against the rules for whole30. Many people choose to avoid them, and there are definitely coffees that don't have them if you want to avoid them, but you haven't broken any rules having them.

Archived