Day 16: fatigue, headache, digestive distress

Hello! I’m on day 16 & started having digestive discomfort in the past maybe 2 days. Today I have fatigue, headache, and diarrhea- feeling pretty awful! I don’t have pre-existing health conditions. Here’s a picture of food I’m eating:

breakfasts: 2 sausage egg muffins or some bacon & rx bar or bacon frittata sometimes with 1/4 avocado. 
coffee with nut pods, ghee, sometimes a scoop of collagen in it morning and afternoon 

lunches have been Lots of veggies salads with pumpkin & sunflower seeds, some avocado, w30 dump ranch.

dinners:

1. salad, 1/2 palm size steak, asparagus, lots of cashews

2. cauliflower rice stir fry with chicken and lots of mixed veggies, raspberries/cashews for dessert

3. Small portion grilled chicken, zucchini, lots of almonds 

4. burger, roasted potato slices 

I drank lots of coffee before Whole30 & sometimes have passion tea with nut milk or iced coffee with nut milk in afternoons. 

my guess is not enough protein and too much nuts? Or repeating breakfast/lunch could be a culprit? 
I also realizing I’m not eating fruit...? 

please help! Thank you so much for ANY thoughts or guidance! 

• Moderators

Nuts definitely cause digestive issues for some people, especially if you're eating a lot of them. A serving of nuts is a small closed handful, and you should try not to have them every day. So maybe cut back on those, even try cutting them out completely for a few days, and see if that helps.

Lots of people repeat their breakfasts and lunches, that shouldn't be a problem, unless there's something in those breakfasts or lunches that are an issue for you.

It shouldn't really matter whether you're eating fruit or not. If you were eating a lot of it, it might make a difference, but there's not really anything in fruit you can't get by eating a variety of vegetables, so if you don't want it, don't feel like you need to go out of your way to eat it.

Archived