Christy's May Whole30

ChristyR

Hi! I hope everyone is doing well and weathering the storm. I've completed the Whole30 a few times in the past and found it very helpful.

Issues I'd like to deal with:

* I'm 40 pounds overweight.  I've lost 60 pounds staying low carb, but my weight has been stuck for about six months.

* I've never had good skin, but the last few months I've had acne breakouts on my arms, back, and chest. Over it.

* I feel depressed a lot and my self esteem is non-existent. 

I will get started tomorrow. I plan on logging my meals here daily and giving myself a break from the scale for 30 days.

Hi Christy!  I am starting tomorrow right along side you.  The last whole 30 I did really made me feel like the calm, positive person I want to be.  I am hopeful I can get back there again.  I feel nervous about committing and sticking to it but let’s encourage each other through this!

Caren

Had a good day 1! Food today:

Coffee with Nutpods creamer

Celery with Tessamae's dressing

Grass fed hamburger patty

Mixed greens with Tessamae's dressing

Takeout salad from a restaurant: spinach, kale, beets, apples, pumpkin seeds. I had them skip the dressing

Strawberries 

I did my grocery shopping tonight and I think I'm set for a week of simple healthy meals. 

Exercise: day 1 of a 21 day low impact class from DailyOm

One of my goals is to decrease my body fat and increase muscle so that I feel more powerful and sure of myself. 

Day 2: 

Food today:

Eggs scrambled in garlic olive oil with side salad of mixed green and Tessamae's dressing

Coffee with nutpods creamer

Mixed greens topped with tuna mixed with Tessamae's dressing

Spicy shredded chicken over broccoli

Strawberries and mango

Day 3:

Scrambled eggs in garlic olive oil with mixed greens and Tessamae's dressing

Mixed greens topped with leftover spicy shredded chicken and Tessamae's dressing

Grassfed hamburger patty, celery, Tessamae's habanero ranch dressing

Strawberries, one slice of mango

Exercise: Day 2 of DailyOm body toning class, long walk

I want to do this because my knees make a crackling noise when I go up stairs or do squats. I'd like to decrease my weight and strengthen my leg muscles so that my mobility isn't affected as I age.

Day 4:

Mixed greens topped with tuna mixed with Tessemae's caesar dressing

Ground bison cooked with green curry paste over broccoli

Strawberries and mango

I felt stressed out by work and life today. Usually I'd deal with a glass of wine and few cookies, but I managed without today.

Christy so glad you managed without the cookies yesterday.  I totally know that feeling SO well and if I can manage through it by distracting myself (usually taking it a minute at a time) I feel such relief when I feel better and didn’t eat for comfort.  

I hope you’re feeling less stressed today.  Also your meals sound so delicious. 

I ate weird today, but that's okay.

At some point in the middle of the night:

Woke up hungry and ate mixed greens topped with leftover green curry ground bison and habenero ranch dressing

Then after getting some sleep:

Coffee with nutpods

Mixed greens with tuna and caesar dressing

Strawberries

Hungry at 4:00 - had packet of tuna mixed with dressing

Dinner - fried rice dish made of cauliflower rice, broccoli, eggs, spices, and rice vinegar.

Hungry later that evening - mixed greens with habenero ranch dressing

Maybe I'll be more organized tomorrow. If not, that's okay. Everything I ate was healthy and I only ate when I was hungry, not stressed or bored.

Those days definitely happen and I think the greatest success is that you stayed true to your goals of eating nutritious/compliant foods when you were hungry.  Some day’s we are just hungrier than others at different times.

Unfortunately I didn’t stay compliant last night and ate some off plan foods.  Something stressful occurred over the weekend and the effects will be lingering for a while.  I had been doing well with putting off stress eating and then it got me last night.  Trying to determine if I restart now or wait until my mental place is a little more settled.

Hope your day is going well today!

Today:

Coffee with nutpods 

Leftover broccoli cauliflower fried rice

Spicy shredded chicken over mixed greens with dressing

Strawberries and blueberries 

Tuna mixed with salad dressing 

Coffee with nutpods 

Half a sweet potato topped with ground bison

Banana

Beef vegetable stew

Shredded chicken cooked with green curry paste over cauliflower rice

Banana and strawberries 

I know nuts and nut butters are foods I overeat, so i have not purchased any. I've been on a low carb diet for a year and have not touched fruit in that time and i love fruit.  Having fruit back is exciting,  but i will have to watch not overeating it.

I fell off the wagon today and yesterday and ate a bunch of cookies. I'm dealing with a stress and grief situation and I dealt with it by eating.  However,  I had some wins. I lost six pounds in 9 days. I have not touched alcohol in eleven days. I was having one or two glasses of red wine every night, so I feel good about breaking that habit.

I will restart my 30 days tomorrow. 

Archived