HUGE Paleo eBook Bundle

Renee

I saw on Facebook a one-week sale for a Paleo ebooks bundle. I've recently bought the "Healthy Living Bundle", so I'll think about this one but it's quite worth it, especially if you don't have Well Fed. This bundle is quite exciting because the majority of the books are paleo.

http://beta.primal-p...this-week-only/

Here's list of books that are included:

Paleo, real food, grain free & coconut oil cookbooks

Lacto-Fermentation, pantry overhaul & freezer guide

Indulge in treats without feeling guilty

Give birth, nourish your newborn, then educate him/her on real food

Heal PCOS & boost metabolism

Simplify, live exuberantly, camp w/ your family & play music

Paleo time: travel, myths, cleanse, start anew or go wild

Take care of your skin homemade style & heal acne

Thanks for letting us know about this! I think I'll probably go for it on payday so I can have cool ebooks on my new iPad.

I'm especially interested in:

Paleo Crock Pot Cookbook ($10) by Abel & George Bryant @ CivilizedCavemanCooking.com

Restocking the Pantry ($10) by Kresha Faber @ NourishingJoy.com

Eating Out and Traveling on the Paleo Diet ($15) by Aglaee Jacob @ Eat-Real-Food-PaleoDietitian.com

and all the skincare ones. I am interested in the treats section, but I probably won't even peruse them until my Whole30's over (too tempting!)

• 2 months later...

Hi Whole9ers--

HELP--please tell me what you think, if you've purchased this bundle.

I purchased it when it was first offered and like so many things I get lately, I'm so busy that I am only just now starting to explore it. I have been taking a mostly Paleo nutritional approach for sometime and have remained Whole 99% since I did my first Whole30 in January. I have practiced Paleo the way many begin practicing religion: faith first, understanding later. I believe it works and add to my methods and understanding with on-the-job-training, learning more and more as I go.

So today, in a rare peaceful un-busy setting, I decided to sift through the bundle and found myself confused and disappointed by one eBook called "12 Paleo Myths: Eat Better than a Caveman" by: Matt Stone. Has anyone out there read his work? He basically says that the Paleo lifestyle will fail after 6 months or some extended period, that acne and joint pain and exhaustion and other problems will return after a while. And that for him and others, the only cure was to return to grains and junk food and processed stuff. I'm oversimplifying, but that's the essence of what I took from what I read. He also had a lot of bad stuff to say about Mark Sisson, whose work I really respect.

Thoughts, comments, etc., please...

Annette

Grable, I love love your phrase "faith first; understanding later". I am going to borrow it. Totally my approach to Paleo and W30.

It's been almost 3 years for me. I am on my 5th W Whatever. I admit that I didn't have huge stomach issues but I had no energy, chronic aches and pains stemming from 3 surgeries on my spine and mood swings. All of that was reversed when I did my first W30 and has not returned.

I say ignore Matt Stone and I am sorry he was included in that bundle.

Thanks, Susan. Yes, I am ignoring Matt Stone. And I think I'll do another Whole 30 starting in April. I'm still mostly Whole 30 compliant, but want to get through Passover and Easter, both important in my home, before I head into it for a second time. What I like is the self-discipline it instills in me. And really I should say that I instill in myself, something I feel really good about, mentally, physically, and spiritually.

Archived