Round 4 - FIGHT!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh! How did you like the sesame chicken?! That all sounds delicious! Yum! Chinese was something I didn’t think I’d be able to re-create on Whole30 but I’ve found so many delicious recipes! I have a great lo mein recipe too! 

11 hours ago, kirbz said:

Ooh! How did you like the sesame chicken?! That all sounds delicious! Yum! Chinese was something I didn’t think I’d be able to re-create on Whole30 but I’ve found so many delicious recipes! I have a great lo mein recipe too! 

It was amazing! Really loved it, as did the hubster! I'm having leftovers right now, with cauli rice :D

Meal 2 is breakfast for dinner - fried eggs in ghee, bacon (my maple espresso bacon), garlic mushrooms and sauteed spinach and sweet potato hash browns!

I'm feeling really down at the moment, not for one particular thing, just generally. I have to say though, it's missing my usual "I'm down so stuff it, I'm just going to eat what I want and to hell with it". Aside from being unmotivated to make anything particularly interesting, my down-ness isn't translating over to food. So that's good.

I really do need to get back to exercising. This is also being affected by my down-ness. I wish exercising made me feel better, it would be much easier to motivate myself to do it if I wasn't one of those people who, if I exercise in a bad mood, it just makes me mood worse, lol.

Anyway. I might at least get out there for a walk at lunch today. The doggo will be grateful (though he's wrecked from a day at the dog park yesterday).

Food today, as above, I'm not really motivated. This will either translate into something very "meat and veg", or I'll rebelliously get inventive later in the day.

OK, so dinner is actually a chicken thing, basically - smash 6 cloves of garlic and grab a handful of fresh thyme, oregano and rosemary, saute them all in olive oil in a cast iron pot until fragrant. Pull them out and set aside, brown 2 big chicken marylands in the pan, 4-5 minutes a side. Take them out, throw in some shredded prosciutto, maybe 5 slices, let that curl up a bit, then throw in 2 cups of chicken stock and deglaze. Chuck the herbs and garlic back in. Layer sliced potatoes all over the simmering stock, then lay your chicken back on top, spoon some of the broth over, then scatter cherry tomatoes over it all, put the lid on and pop in a moderate oven for 30-40 mins, til the meat starts to pull away from the bone. 

The potato starch will thicken the broth into a gorgeous gravy, the tomatoes will pop while cooking and be amazing, serving it with roasted carrots and some steamed broccolini.

Yum. 

Thanks guys! I was really pleased with how it turned out, and so easy! 

Ugh, I need to stay off the scale. Hopped on this morning and hopped off before it could even decide on a weight, because I didn't like where it was going. I know it's my utter lack of exercise, working from home I'm probably not even getting 1000 steps a day. I need to fix that but I get caught up and by the end of the day it's dark and I just can't be bothered. So much for being fitter to go back to TKD in a couple of weeks! That will whip me into shape though (I hope).

So I'm putting another moratorium on the scale. It adds nothing to my life and just has the potential to derail me. 

No ideas on food today, I have no leftovers so meal 1 will have to be something I ship up and I usually have fish on Tuesdays but I'm busy and might not get out, so that may be Thursday. Will update when the brainwave hits.

1 minute ago, SchrodingersCat said:

So I'm putting another moratorium on the scale. It adds nothing to my life and just has the potential to derail me. 

GOOD FOR YOU for seeing this! I wish more of us would put our scales on notice. For me, getting on the scales is just an invitation to feel grumpy and dumpy. I don't need that kind of energy in my life!

14 minutes ago, Contessa said:

GOOD FOR YOU for seeing this! I wish more of us would put our scales on notice. For me, getting on the scales is just an invitation to feel grumpy and dumpy. I don't need that kind of energy in my life!

Yup, I don't even know why I did it! It just puts a dampener on my mood! 

I do not know why I'm so tired and have become headachey again! Yesterday I even had some oral allergy symptoms, which is really weird because aside from the bacon on Sunday, I have not eaten a single non-compliant thing. 

I'm also massively lacking energy and I know I need to start getting a little more exercise but BLERGH. I need to get my Fitbit charged so I can stop fooling myself and actually see how little I'm doing. My charger is at work. I might pop in tomorrow and pick it up.

Right here and now, I commit to taking the dog for a walk at 'lunch'. Half my issue is that working from home, instead of taking a proper break, I just faff about periodically. 

Anyway. Blah.

Meal 1: Other half of yesterday's frittata.

Meal 2: Steak, baked sweet potato and roasted veggies (brussels, cauli, purple carrots) tossed with baby spinach and a dijonaisse dressing. 

So I have been grumpy about that scale, and feeling blergh, but I tried on a pair of pants that I didn't fit 6 weeks ago, uncomfortably fit 2-3 weeks ago,and totally fit today. Also noticed that the jeans I've been wearing can now pull down without undoing. So I must be doing something right :)

Day off tomorrow, I plan to walk the dog, clean the house and buy fish for dinner :)

Finding the energy for exercise....ugh, my biggest challenge.  I'm naturally a sloth.  Taking the dog for a walk every morning has helped.  It only took 3 or 4 days for her to begin to expect to walk and bother me about it, she is my motivation.  And the fitbit helps.  You know what to do, it's doing it that's so challenging!

Congrats on the pants NSV!  That's a really amazing accomplishment!

So I really had to think how many days post W30 I am, and I think this is day 8? Anyway, still compliant, save for the bacon on Sunday.

I'm really grouchy, headachey and a bit down. No idea why. 

I've made some (compliant ingredient but 100% Swypo) fruit and nut bars which are in the dehydrator, I have been having a small handful of nuts of an evening with my tea and decided to mix it up. 

Meal 1 today is pork san choy bao

Meal 2 will be seared snapper and scollops in a lemon garlic and dill ghee with shredded fennel slaw. 

Morning!

Thank Ath I have woken up without a headache. I hope it sticks. I think it's really been contributing to my overall crankiness. Not the sole cause, but contributing.

Weekend tomorrow, I had yesterday off but between headache and housework it wasn't that relaxing. I'd like to *do* something this weekend. I might suss out what's possible. Might even go out to eat *gasp* lol.

Meal 1: I have leftovers of yesterday's san choy bao. I wasn't in love with it, but it needs eating.

Meal 2: I have lamb chops defrosting, I might make a lamb curry to have over cauli and brocc rice. Nice and warming.

I'm legitimately hungry, not just snacky and I wanted something warming, so I nuked some cauliflower then mashed it with a tablespoon of tahini and some harrisa paste, it is really hitting the spot. I need to remember this as a side dish! Yum! I'm also craving olives but don't have any. I'm also toying with the idea of a gin and soda or 2 tonight, but that's a very slippery slope...

Archived